1,176 results
All reviewspine roomanna iainpriory roomhome from homemulled wineperfect hostsnothing is too much troublehonesty barguest loungelovely coupleporridgewarm welcomethought of everythinglittle extrasvisiting lincolnsuperb breakfastsmoked salmon
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was my second stay with Anna &Iain at Creston Villa they couldn't be better hosts ensuring my stay was just as good as the last one.The parking is off street,within easy walking distance of the main shopping centre Creston is well positioned.the attractions of the Castle and Cathedral a short bus trip away.The ensuite rooms are well proportioned and A&I leave no stone unturned to ensure you have a very comfortable stay.Since my last visit dueve quality as improved to ensure a cosy night.Be warned watch out for the monkey o/s the back donor ( he's only brass, but so life like)it just sums up the warmth and caring which goes into running establishments of high quality.Iain is a fantastic breakfast chef.Cant wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: Stairs are little steep for those with mobility problems
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I am very late writing this review but better late than never!
This guest house is the best I have ever stayed in. As soon as you arrive you are made to feel so welcome and comfortable by the owners in a very genuine way. They have perfected the art of giving you a friendly welcome but without being intrusive. They really do mean it when they tell you it is your home during your stay.
The bedrooms are amazing. The mattresses and bedding are so comfortable and unlike a lot of other hotels etc spotlessly clean.
The whole guest house has personality which makes you smile as soon as you walk through the door.
If you don't like friendly people or personal service then you would be better off staying at a travel lodge. But if it's quality and individual service that meets your expectations then you cannot beat Creston Villa.
Breakfast is amazing too!

Rachael Thompson

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you again Anna and Liam.another fantastic stay at such a magnificent guest house.been to your guest house now about 15 times now.the place is like a dream to stay at.you are such a lovely couple .you always make us both feel so so welcome and we will always come back.you try and stop us.all our friends want to come up and also love your guest house .you guys are so nice your like our family .see you guys in June and the best and keep up what your doing you should be proud of a lovely guest house

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2018

There is a warm welcome awaiting at Creston Villa from the delightful hostess and host, Anna and Iain, nothing is ever too much trouble and they always have the well being of their guests foremost in their minds. Breakfast has to be experienced to be believed and they go out of their way to ensure the produce is locally produced and of the best quality. Outstanding value with rooms that never cease to fascinate ones curiosity. Each year there is something new though the themes remain the same. This is not your run of the mill Guest House, 5 stars well earned. Thank you for your hospitality Anna and Iain I love visiting and can't wait to come again.

Room Tip: Down stairs rooms are suitable for those less mobile with ensuite facilities.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jeanalan2015
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Having stayed here a little while ago, when asked where I would really like to go for a weekend away, I jumped at the chance to stay again. I was a little worried it wouldn't live up to my memory of it but I needn't have been, it just renewed my love for this quirky gem of a guest house. I adore all the little attentions to detail in each area of the house, it even has its own resident chimp who is delightful. I stayed in the garden room, beautiful and airy with that eras gone by feel to it that I've never felt anywhere else before. My room looked out onto the lovely seating or garden area, lots of treats to capture your imagination here. Now to the proprietors Anna and Iain. What a wonderful warm couple, Anna seems to be non stop but is never too busy that she's lost that human touch that many do, friendly, chatty when needed and I find hilarious at times. Iain, he of the lovely soft Scottish lilt, I swear he cooks the best full English ever.. Both so helpful and informative, suggesting eating places not6too6far away. All in all a wonderful stay and one I shall definitely repeat again..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple