All reviews shared bathroom breakfast room boiled eggs self service steep hill egg boiling machine yogurt continental style proper coffee short cut modern bathroom top floor a lovely place to stay visit lincoln again a great stay fantastic location high street
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Small friendly b&b in ideal location close to cathedral and castle but steep climb up hill from station. Key codes on doors require careful attention and not ideal after beer or two. But otherwise great.

Stayed: March 2017
czimmerl, Owner at The Poplars, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Aha too true waiting for face recognition to come down in price a bit lol, glad you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We turned up the night after the booking, which was embarrassing. But the owner of the B&B offered us a room in one of their self catering houses near by - which was very kind. I think I'll be very careful with my booking dates next time!!
We really appreciated the help and continued on to have a lovely weekend in Lincoln.

Room Tip: Room was a good size and we had all the facilities required in the kitchen, but the en suite was bijou....
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
czimmerl, Manager at The Poplars, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you i'm glad everything worked out for the best, don't be to hard yourself it least you got the right month !!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

No. #1, the staff are friendly and very helpful. My room was lovely, roomy, clean and warm. There is a refrigerator in the sunny breakfast room that can be used by all of the guests. Breakfast is self serve with fruit, bread and local jams available. All of the rooms and the main door have keypads so I felt very secure. It is a short walk downhill to the town but quite a climb back. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Lincoln.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor would help you to avoid another flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
czimmerl, Manager at The Poplars, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you so much, we enjoyed having you to stay

Reviewed 31 January 2017

My husband spotted this on booking.com and said it seemed to have good reviews, so I didn't question it when he booked it for a one night stay, following a family funeral that day.
I have read other reviews on Trip Advisor and I do not understand why people would give it such high praise. It is a scruffy, run down house which needs maintenance. The paper appeared to be coming away from the ceiling in our room, and although the bed linen looked OK there were 2 filthy cushions on the bed. My husband said maybe they are attempting the shabby chic style to which I replied it's just shabby full stop.
The replies to any criticism expressed in reviews are appalling and really quite funny in a faulty towers kind of way!
I definitely wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sheila H
czimmerl, Manager at The Poplars, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Good only positive people please, just a hint, mention it whilst you are here, might be able to sort rather than leaving an internet troll review. Occasionally we will mess up and we will bend over backwards to put right. But I'm not going to react well to cowardly behaviour and over the top criticism.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Lovely B&B, lots of nice touches to make guests feel comfortable. We were only staying one night but it would have made a lovely base to explore Lincoln for a few days. WiFi was good. Shared bathroom, but very near. Good hot shower. Lovely continental breakfast with opportunity to boil eggs and make a cafetiere coffee.Yes, the drive is narrow and steep, but the owners do warn you of this and parking is at a premium here so I very much appreciated it. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Top floor gives lovely views of the city.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank XWCornwall
czimmerl, Manager at The Poplars, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

And Perfect guests many many thanks