“Warmed-up rubbery inedible pizza and an extremely RUDE manager!!!”
Review of Papa John's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Papa John's
Ranked #903 of 1,285 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Well what can I say . . . I used to rave about Papa John's Pizzas - NOT ANY MORE!

I ordered my half and half pizza online this evening as I have been doing for many months - and waited for delivery - no delivery after an hour so I thought I'd call them.

The phone was answered by a person called Lisa who had lots of attitude (that's the only way I can describe her!) she more or less 'told me off' as I had apparently clicked the 'collection' button on my computer so the pizza had been sitting there for an hour (why on earth they didn't think to call me I have NO idea!!).

This was obviously a mistake on my behalf, bad me, a customer making a mistake! (although I haven't actually checked that I did click 'collection'). Anyway Lisa kindly said she would deliver my Pizza, getting VERY hungry by now, so I waited another half an hour . . .

The pizza arrived . . . yippee!! I opened the box in anticipation and was SO disappointed!

It was so dried up and rubbery, you could literally NOT even tear a bit if it off! My husband called my friend Lisa again who basically said (again) that it was our fault the pizza was like that . . . (IF I was in a restaurant and wasn't happy with the food, I'd send it back!) Lisa was adamant that we should just deal with it as again IT WAS MY FAULT! she told me to complain on the website but it has very limited space to type in your complaint (conveniently). So I have complained on the website who apparently take up to 5 days to get back to you.

My husband has now had to drive to the outlet to give them the pizza back. If I was running this franchise there is NO WAY I would let sub-standard food go out of my door - even if i did , maybe, click the wrong button! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE?? All for £13 - is that amount of money really worth a crap review! I don't think so . . .

Reviewed 6 March 2016

The food and service here is excellent. I've ordered (online) a few times and was impressed when one order was not clear they took time to call and check rather than just take a chance.
Delivery is generally on time and the quality is certainly as good if not better that comparable outfits.
My only gripe is that the online ordering, while fine for their menu choices is limited if you want to create your own or adapt a menu pizza. Hopefully they will attend to that as that is the only reservation.

1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

I nearly ordered 2 small pizzas and 2 portions of wings via just eat. The bill was nearly £40! Which is quite frankly ridiculous. I'd love to know how you justify these prices without hand sourcing and scratch making every single ingredient on site.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

well used this for the first time ever and can say the best pizza I have ever tasted nice crispy base well melted cheese and the best garlic bread I have tasted in a long time

1  Thank Bishbash12
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I ordered a classic pizza from the new Oadby, Leicester branch this week. The only extra topping I paid for were mushrooms. When I took the lid off the box at home, I counted three thin shavings of a single small mushroom. For an extra cost of £1.50, I thought this was very poor.