“Great place”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The most authentic Japanese restaurant in Leicester
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Very small and nice sushi place. Too small to fit in group of friends but they do home delivery. Sushi is always fresh and very tasty. We keep coming back every so often and quality is always same - good!

Very good value for money.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I’ve been going to Kuru Kuru for over two years now and it’s been consistently the best sushi I’ve had in Leicester, the sashimi slices are very generous and the food is always ready on time. The tempura udon bowl is my lunch time go to, definitely something I would recommend. Service is always impeccable too. A lovely family-run business that I am happy to continue support.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I've had kuru kuru a few times but I've never eaten there. Their service for takeaway is excellent and they are available on some of the delivery apps or just by phoning them. Their food is always well packaged and to be completely honest extremely well priced. It's not expensive so you are happy to keep ordering and never so cheap that you wonder what is going in to it. Everything is seasoned well, well presented and nicely cooked. The Udon noodles are juicy and plenty with the seafood nice and crisp as it melts in your mouth. The sushi itself fills you to the last bite with perfect flavouring and assembly. I was tossing up between 3 or 4 stars and it has been the consistency of quality that swayed me to a confidence and comfortable 4 stars. 100% recommend this for takeaway if you fancy a night in with friends.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Kuru Kuru is a tiny restaurant, but cosy with a nice atmosphere. Me and my partner have eaten here several times and each time have enjoyed the experience very much, plus despite the size we usually get seated straight away. The service is lovely, laid back and friendly and you can have a complimentary green tea if you wish. The food is amazing, fresh and tasty and its nice to see things like natto roll on the menu, plus many vegan options. The value is fantastic considering how expensive Japanese restaurants can be, this is one of my favourite places to eat in Leicester, probably my number 1. Keep up the good work Kuru Kuru!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

I was glad to see that Kuru Kuru Sushi was open again after the refurb because the other sushi places in the area have seriously poor customer service skills and I've always found the staff here to be very friendly and overly attentive.

I ordered a delivery over the phone and was told it would be £15, my bank statement shows £16 so I presume they charged me for the delivery and didn't tell me.

The food was really good as at always is, however, the delivery driver is really rude. They have delivered to me before with no problems but on this occasion the driver phoned me to tell me that I had given him the wrong details and expected to me walk to find him if I wanted my food, I told him I had ordered delivery so he would need to bring it to me. I googled nearby roads to try and help him out but he still couldn't manage to find the right roads! He kept telling me his Tom Tom was right and I was wrong, then he hung up on me! I rang the shop to say what had happened and they were very apologetic but felt 'his English isn't very good' was a good enough excuse for his behaviour.

After about 20 minutes, he rang me to say he was in the car park, I told him where he needed to go to get to me and he was still arguing so I went out to get it where he continued to argue with me in the carpark that I was wrong.

I will have to come into the shop in future to collect it which means I won't be able to buy from you as often :(

Dyason, Public Relations Manager at Kuru Kuru Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

We're very sorry about your experience with us during your delivery. Sometimes locating a customer's address can have minor issues but we try to resolve them to the best of our ability.

We have spoken to the driver about putting an emphasis on politeness, as even with language difficulties this is important. Soon a new driver will be starting and we will impress the importance of good service and communication as we value this very much.

We always tell the person taking the order to read out the items and final price, including delivery if applicable. Sometimes we get new staff and they might have missed this. Our apologies. Your receipt and order would be stapled to the delivery to confirm everything.

Thank you for your praise of our food and we hope you will continue to dine with us and try or delivery again.