All reviewspub next doorred cowtravel lodgestayed herequiet at nighttwo single bedsnice pubcar parklocal amenitiesvery comfortable staymain roadclean roomsbusy roadhotel is situatedeasy accessgood nights sleepcity centre
Reviewed 12 August 2018

recently stopped here overnight as a stop over for a trip away to break up the journey. Receptionist very friendly and good on arrival. Room was standard for a Travelodge with clean sheets, comfy beds etc except as explained at check in there was no air conditioning (stay was during the hot spell) but a fan was in the room, which turned out to be a small desk fan which made no difference to the temperature. The window was already open and the first thing we could smell was stale smoke smell and on looking out of our window we saw our room was positioned over the smokers area. This meant either smelling the stale smoke and hearing the smokers talking to each other all evening and morning or shouting the window and sweating all night, neither of which are good for a child with asthma. The whole hotel seems rather old and in need of an update and our floor was particularly squeaky too when walking about but as they say you buy cheap you buy twice so maybe should have paid a bit more and stopped at a better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Molly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Leicester Hinckley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your review of our Hinckley Road Hotel.

We're pleased to hear that the Reception Team were welcoming and friendly upon your arrival at the Hotel, and that you found the bed to be comfortable.

We are really sorry if the room temperature affected your stay with us. We strive to make our customers as comfortable as possible, fans are offered for our guests and we are taking measures to ensure our rooms are cooler.

In any case we would like to apologise if these measures were not enough to guarantee a good night's stay for you.

We apologise for the smell of smoke in your room. In such instances we would kindly advise raising this with the Team on site, as they may be able to offer a room move.

If you wish to contact us directly to give us more feedback, please be aware that you can always contact our Customer Services team.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Very friendly nice staff, very good value, room was good and it was quiet. Parking was good and free.
Only problem the wifi is NOT free, and takes a while to put in all the detail needed, and you have to pay by mobile.it would be much better if you could just simply log on for free.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 August 2018

The stay was excellent. The Staff were amazing, the all had a very positive customer attitude.

The Hotel was clean, well presented and close to places to eat with a couple of shops within walking distance.

A great stress free stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I booked a double room for myself and my son, who is 4. I booked a double room specifically because he does not like to sleep by himself in an unknown place even though I would be in the same room. There was the option of a twin or double room on the website so I picked the double. I checked in and when I got to my room I found that we had actually been put in a twin room, even though I had booked and PAID for the double. I went to reception to be told that the manager had changed this booking as it was for 1 adult, 1 child. I was not told of this change either by email or on check in - the receptionist said he was just about to pop around to explain why we were in a twin (which I doubt he was). I have checked the booking terms and conditions and I adhered to the double room booking which says 1 adult, 1 child and no where does it state on this policy that the manager is allowed to change the booking at their discretion. I have been in touch with Travelodge who have offered me either a free complementary breakfast, early check in, or late check out at my next stay which I don't think makes up for the discomfort that me and my son encountered at our stay as we did end up sharing the one bed for the night which was not comfortable! I only chose to stay at the travelodge because I was able to book a double however I will be booking with Premier Inn next time.

The room itself was clean however there were a couple of loose floorboards and when I stepped on them I felt I was going to go through them so did make a conscious effort of avoiding them.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Tilly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Leicester Hinckley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your comments about our Leicester Hinckley Road.

We are truly sorry to learn of the experience you have had whilst staying with us. We would kindly ask you contact one of our Customer Services Advisors with your review via our website help form to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights whilst visiting family. The room was cleaned to a high standard and very comfortable. All staff that we met during the stay were polite, friendly and accommodating. Plenty of parking available and located next to a nice pub. We would recommend others to stay there.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple