All reviews pub next door red cow travel lodge stayed here quiet at night two single beds nice pub car park local amenities very comfortable stay main road clean rooms busy road hotel is situated easy access good nights sleep city centre
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Stayed here on the eve of 04/04/17 as part of a business trip. We were actually meant to be staying in the Travelodge Leicester Central but were told on arrival there that our rooms were not available due to 'maintenance issues'. We then waited for the person on reception (who did not actually apologise but instead told us off because he didn't have contact number for us) to find us rooms in a different hotel and we were put in a taxi after a long wait to this place.

I was in Room 8 which I can safely say is the noisiest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The main issue being some sort of plant / machinery / water system noise coming from above which made a loud banging noise all through the night. Seriously, it was an absolute joke. I left in the morning having barely slept and having to go to work. If you read the other reviews, this problem has been there for a long time (see other reviewers references to Room 8) and Travelodge have clearly not seen fit to sort it out for their customers.

In the morning I was ready to report this to staff but they were nowhere to be seen so I put my key in the box and left. I knew changing rooms was not an option because the only reason we got these rooms were because of a cancellation.

Overall we had problems with two different Travelodge Hotels in the same night which is very poor form. Before someone responds to this review with the stock answer saying how sorry you are and to contact them on the website, may I suggest they try staying in Room 8 for a night and experience this for yourself. Try then doing a full days work. In fact, perhaps Brian Wallace or Peter Gowers could spend the night here. I will be suggesting this to them in my formal letters of complaint to them.

Room Tip: Don't book room 8, in fact just don't bother at all...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank dbing2013
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Leicester Hinckley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our Leicester Hinckley Road Travelodge. We are really sorry to hear that you had many issues during your stay with us. We strive to offer the best service possible for our guests so please accept our apologies that we did not succeed in doing so on this occasion. We have passed on your feedback to the hotel. As your experience was not up to our usual high standards, may we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Service team via our website with your review to look into this more thoroughly. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in many travel lodges and this was the nicest with by far the best manager.

Easy to find with a helpful pub next door, the rooms were clean and smelt clean, and the hotel was nice and warm on arrival.

I know it's a travel lodge so isn't a holiday hotel, but it terms of business it was perfect.

Special note to the manager (I think) who was, in terms of friendly and welcoming nature and helpfulness, one of the best I've experience in any hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Squeaking floorboards in room and from above noise from traffic all night, noise from people talking loud. 1 towel between 2 guests no bathmat how can you shower could not wait to leave. Usually stay at Premier Inn no comparison won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Leicester Hinckley Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Many thanks for reviewing our Leicester Hinckley Road Travelodge and taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with your recent stay with us and we would like to look into this further for you. May we kindly request you contact us via our website with your review so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel. Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

It does what you expect for a budget lodge. It's a clean and comfortable place to sleep. Good location, quiet at night, pub right next door. Staff were friendly. I've nothing more to say but not enough characters in my review.....

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Visited this lodge on the 26th February 2017. Casey the receptionist was exceptionally helpful. The lodge is always comfortable as we visit several times a year and is convenient for visiting Leicester and the surrounding areas. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I have always had a good visit.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family