All reviewsfootball stadiumfootball groundleicester cityking powermatch daysfootball matchbeansironing roomfree parkingrestaurant next doorbudget hotelair concar parkbreakfast includedwould stay here againclean roomsyou'd expect
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I have used this hotel many times over the last 6 months sometimes with my husband sometimes just my husband,due to an illness of a family member and now a death this hotel has been worth every penny,breakfast choices are very good,nice cooked food,sometimes a few things a little cold but I asked for something to be heated again there was definately no problem whatsoever,I wanted a room urgently last saturday night 7TH July,they had no no vacancy so it proves the hotel is very popular,my husband was called urgently to the hospital he had a 3 hour drive but Hotel let him park his car there and they phoned for a taxi to get him to the hospital which was appreciated very much,I booked him the night of 8th July but unfortunately his brother died,so room was not needed,the IHG refunded the money which was excellent,Staff friendly,rooms basic but very clean,we are back there on 2nd August for 2 nights due to funeral,I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone,thankyou staff at Holiday Inn,

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived after a 7 hour drive from Edinburgh to be told...
1. Need a credit card even though we had prepaid grrr
2. Room not ready and can you prove you booked for a family of 4 as we only expected 2 grrr glad my email was readily accesible on the phone. Had to email the duty manager the confirmation booking as ' evidence ' that expedia had made a mistake.
3. Had to ask for complimentary coffee whilst we waited for room to be ready, however they did oblige.
4. The spare bed was not the twin type but a double so one child was pushing the other out, better when its the type that has a lower bed under the sofa that pulls out and can be two fully separate beds, o well.

On the positives...
1. Room clean tidy and modern
2. Breakfast was early and varied.
3. Morning staff more attentive

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Staying here with my rewards night points what can I say it does what it says on the tin. First room we had the air conditioning didn’t work luckily we was moved for then the next room we was in the TV didn’t work but it was fixed straight away fair play to the staff but only niggle is I asked for a cot to be put in the room when I called the Friday morning and it was not done so missed out on the 5* review for one of your morning reception team not passing on the message to your housekeeping department but I would stay again though

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Full marks to the management for an extremely well run establishment and for the warm welcome from Receptionists like Kayleigh. I had a room on the 4th floor which was too warm but the aircon system worked well and the temperature was soon much cooler on a very warm evening. The work desk was practical with plenty of space and two 13-amp sockets desk height. Free wifi was fast and reliable.
The bathroom consisted of a wc that could be shut off or open, walk-in shower with excellent safety handle (full marks to HIE Management), good towels and useful shelf around the basin. For a budget hotel this could scarcely have been bettered. Add meticulous cleaning, a properly made bed with really clean sheets and the best night's sleep for months and it was a lovely experience. I actually slept in so missed breakfast so am unable to comment on their culinary offering.
As an IHG Gold Card member, I expect the HIE facilities to be good but this Leicester facility was surprisingly excellent.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

It's a budget hotel, they are all much if a muchness, you know what you are going to get. The hotel is next to the football ground and is about 15 minute walk from the city centre. The staff are friendly, the room is basic but comfortable and there is a good shower. Breakfast is included in the price and there is a fair choice, my one critique is that the hot food could have been hotter. For a city break on a budget you really can't beat it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple