“Better latte than never”
Review of Hope & Anchor

Hope & Anchor
Ranked #475 of 1,274 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set just of the A6 the Hope and Anchor is a beautiful traditional family friendly restaurant, with original oak beams stunning fire places, and a lovely stable that has been converted into a classic dining area. Its set aside the river soar Canal. . It has its own outside children's play area which is safe and secure with outside dining available. Great food offers daily with traditional ales served. Perfect for everyone.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I was out for a walk with a friend when it started to hail. Luckily we spotted the pub down the road and decided to go inside and see what it was like. Was surprised to see a full menu, thought this was just a drinky place. Decided to order a couple of sides and a coffee since I didn’t have my card on me, and we were served by billy. I simply asked him for a coffee and he told me they do all sorts, so I asked for a latte and it was well needed. The food came out nice and hot, and when the hail and rain had stopped we went on our way. Might bring the kids for a meal next week and try the full menu.

HopeandAnchor S, General Manager at Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hey Betty,

Thanks for such a great reveiw and I’m sorry you got caught In the hail. But I am pleased we were able to sort you out with a nice latte and billy looked after you. We can’t wait to see you again and your little ones.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Great serivce - very quick and hot meal very affordable- clearly if you want the Ritz your in the wrong place but is a by the river pub - just the job - Well done to Billy for getting us sorted very quickly.

HopeandAnchor S, General Manager at Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Perry,

Thanks for such a great reveiw I will pass on your great comments to the rest of the team. I am pleased you had a very quick hot meal and billy looked after you. Can’t wait to see you again soon

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Lately Ive been hearing a lot of good news about this place from my friends, so decided to come down here and see what it was like. I read the reviews on here first though, and evrything looked alright.

I was served by Billy on bar, who was very friendly and rather fast at serving which I like to see. I mentioned about the scampi, and he told me that there was some sort of deal of the day on and suggested I go for the larger one, which ended up only being £6, so that was a bonus. He gave me my drinks' and a card with his name on for this review along with my receet. Didn't take long for food to come out, and was delicious when it did.

Hi killian

Thanks for such a great reveiw I am pleased you really enjoyed the scampi and that billy looked after you really well. I will be sure to pass on our kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great welcome at the bar from Charlotte. She sorted the special order out for our fussy son. Will be back. Horse racing night Friday 13th if anyone’s interested just read it on the what’s happening sheet

HopeandAnchor S, General Manager at Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hey Steve! I’m pleased charlotte looked after your son and arranged something for him to eat that he would enjoy. Thank you for leaving us a great reveiw. Please come and get your bets on for the race night in advance it should be a great night on the 13th as all proceeds go to charity.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

nice food and great service especially from charlotte who served us. recommend to anyone local. great menu to select from also

Hi curtis

Amazing reveiw thank you so much. I will pass on your comments to charlotte who will be so pleased will your review. I am pleased you had nice food and great service. Look forward to seeing you again soon