“Birthday party celebration at the cellar bar”
Review of The Exchange Bar

The Exchange Bar
Ranked #29 of 1,320 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: USD 3 - USD 12
Description: Multi Award winning bar in the heart of Leicester's Cultural Quarter open for breakfast with Award Winning Coffee weekdays from 8.30am right though to 1am on the weekends with Real Ale, Prosecco, Cocktails & Pizza.
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I chose the cellar bar to host a birthday party and I can thoroughly recommend it!
From the planning and booking with Lauren, to the staff managed by Tara on the night, I experienced nothing but quality service.
All my requests and ideas were accommodated and nothing was too much trouble. We had the pizzas on the night for the guests and these were awesome!
Definitely the venue to book if you want a quirky, relaxed venue with exceptional customer service.
Thanks to Lauren, Tara and the team.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

firstly.... why don't they serve pizza during the day anymore... it used to be amazingly popular.

Ended up having sandwiches out of a packet....

I had to send my coffee back it tasted awful....
they blamed it on the machine but it tasted like the milk had gone off...

The vibe in the place has definitely changed... very weird as it used to be one of my fav places.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We hired the cellar bar at the exchange for a birthday/anniversary party. Great venue with lots of character. All the staff were excellent and couldn’t do enough for us. All the guests commented on what a great party and venue. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I have never felt I have made such a bad decision with my money ever till I came to The Exchange Bar. A fantastic deal of unlimited pizza and bottomless drink between 19:00-21:00 sounded like a great idea. They were happy to accommodate my lactose intolerance as well. What did the 4 of us experience? Far from anything hospitable.

So firstly the 4 of us paid £100 for 3 drinks and 3 slices of small, poorly cooked pizza. We really had to fight for those 3 slices though as they forgot about us! Secondly and worst of all I’m lactose intolerant and had the choice of going hungry or eating the pizza (with cheese) as they were not able to accommodate and I didn’t want my money to go to waste! It did anyway and I regret eating that rubbish food.

The staff were very apologetic but if you wish for a comedy of errors and display of horrendous team work, communication and leadership then head down to The Exchange Bar. Can’t wait for the pain I will endure tomorrow...

4  Thank navinleanage
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Myself and three friends visited for the £25 ‘unlimited pizza and prosecco’ offer on 31/8/18.
We were given one pizza between the four of us and occasional top-ups of drink. We paid £100 between four of us.
This was possibly the worst experience of an establishment that I have been part of. I am a fan of The Exchange and love the ethos of the business, but tonight has been a huge disappointment.