All reviewsharry ramsdensmotorway service areatrouser presslight switchespetrol stationpit stopwrong sidefree wifiroom was cleancontinental breakfastbudget hotelpowerful showerfamily roomneeded somewhereplug socketsvisiting friendsnight stay
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have stayed at the Days Inn frequently over the last few years, as I visit an office nearby, and find it very convenient for getting into the western side of Leicester.

The hotel rooms are a good size and very comfortable, but almost all of the rooms I have stayed in have some problem or another. The most common problem is the windows, which rarely shut properly. This can be a big problem, as many of the room overlook the busy car parks, so it can get noisy. I usually improvise by wedging some folded up loo paper into the locking mechanism to get the window to shut properly.

Another problem is that if you get a room near a fire door, particularly one near the start of a corridor, you hear the loud squeaking of the doors as people come and go, sometimes late into the night and early in the morning. I consequently request a room towards the end of a corridor, where the problem is negligible.

All in all, I think the Days Inn is good value for a one or two night stay, particularly as a stopover on a motorway journey.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after driving up from Cornwall finding no accommodation from Bridgewater onwards, in pubs, B&Bs, Premier Inns and Travellodges!!!!!! We should have booked. We decided to keep going to Yorkshire but stopped for a break at Leicester Forest East and decided for a last try at the Days Inn there.
Success!!!!!! It was a good sized room with lovely shower and toilet facilities- great sized towels. We had a continental breakfast all much cheaper than Premier Inn and just as good.
So a useful stop off on the MI if you need it.
Staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. First time at a Days Inn property. It's a budget hotel / motel but room was good size, clean and well equipped. Plenty of free tea, coffee and milk for drinks. Space for suitcase including a case stand so furniture was all useable. TV and Wi-if were fine. Bed comfortable and shower efficient. Nice touch, the reception had a fridge with wine, beer, cider and soft drinks for sale and glasses to borrow. They also did a continental breakfast on site, didn't have it but area looked clean and well stocked.
All in all I would say they rank above Travelodge but below Premier Inn ( who have a lot of properties with air con).
I would happily stay again, price was good and had a good nights sleep.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This was a nice place so stay for our family trip. Room was a nice size. There are lots of facilities at the site.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I think I can only repeat what others have said in their reviews that the place was very clean but somewhat dated and again as others have indicated somewhat warm. The Reception Staff were very friendly and provided us with a ground floor room when we indicated we had dogs with us.

The Services are directly next door and can be accessed without having to go outside but were extremely busy all the time and at times had issues finding a parking space (although I always did).

Good value for what you get and would stay here again with okay areas for exercising the dog.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not opposite the Lorry Park.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple