“National holiday mystery tour”

Ramada Leicester Stage
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Room was nice, fan was much appreciated and staff were nice. Evening meal was a joke. The young waiting staff seemed very inexperienced, not their fault. The starter ran out so no choice, the meat pie,been had to ask for 'the meat filling' as it was left in the tray. The pasta dish looked unappetising, the curry looked dried up dog food and the vegetable selection was poor. The dessert nice but no tea or coffee was offered.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
409adamj, Manager at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to visit trip advisor with your review.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your evening meal. Sometimes with National Holidays tours the selections for starters can run out. We prepare 60 starters for 48 guests, a choice of 3 starters. If a starter is a popular choice then obviously that choice will run out. There would be a lot of wasted food if we prepared 48 of each choice.

I have passed on your thoughts to the team and we will use your comments to better ourselves for the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

The location of the hotel is excellent especially for sports rugby or football. The room was fine as you would from a hotel. It was a little expensive but not by much. Staff were nice to deal with, Bar on sight was a definite plus

Stayed: December 2016
409adamj, Manager at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to visit trip advisor with your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Well what can I say, travelled a few times over the years with national coach excursions and always been happy with the accommodation, however this weekend went to see mrs browns boys in Nottingham and then travelled to Leicester to the ramada Leicester stage, check in was good and very quick and the appearance of the hotel from the reception looked pleasing, however on closer inspection the hotel was very tired and could do with a major refurbishment.
Our room however looked to have had a new bathroom fitted as was quite modern, the room itself was spacious and to be honest had a really good nights sleep.
My biggest concern was the evening meal, I honestly thought I was back at school in a school canteen, the food and service was dire, we have always had very good food on the national breaks but can honestly say this was terrible if we had known there was anyway close by we would have gone out for our evening meal.
After speaking to other guests on our trip the feeling was the same, some people didn't even got a sweet as they had run out.
Breakfast on the other hand wasn't too bad.
Advertised in reception was evening entertainment every Saturday when we asked what time it was on we was told oooh its been cancelled this weekend so early night we had.
Wasn't impressed at all really, then was advised by the driver this was the 1st time he had actually stayed at this hotel, no wonder it was a mystery hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samdaz1408

Thank you for taking the time to visit trip advisor with your review.

I am disappointed that on this occasion we got it wrong.

I do hope that you will not look beyond us when next visiting Leicester as we have so much more to offer than experienced on your previous stay.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I visited the stage for a meal on Sunday as part of a family occasion. After eating there before on a few occasions, I knew to expect reasonable quality food at an average price range. However on this visit I must say I was thoroughly disappointed.

On arrival we were treated well by one of the managers and shown to our table, we had already sorted drinks at the bar. When given the menu, it was very difficult to make sense of and had no real structure. The pricing was above average market rate and as such you would expect the food to deliver.

For a first course I had salmon fish cakes with a lemon and dill sauce. The fish cakes were over cooked and you could only taste lemon. The sauce was bland and the portion of sauce outweighed the cakes.

For a main I decided on the beef bourginion, which in all honestly was a massive mistake. The bowl was stone cold on arrival to the table, and the food was luke warm, it was served with mash that was dry bland and tasted like it had been frozen and defrosted. The veg was over cooked and mush like.

For dessert I opted for what I thought was a safe bet in a sherry trifle. Soon to be proved wrong, on arrival to the table you could instantly see the cream was split, and the custard portion size was too big vs the rest of the food. The custard was warm and such had made the jelly return to liquid form and left a soggy mess at the bottom of the dish.

On top of that the service received from the waitress was appalling, not once was there a check back done on the table, also no offer of second drinks and she had to be prompted to give us the dessert menu.

All in all a very disappointing visit, and I won't be returning in the future. My professional recommendation as a chef is shorten the menu, giving the cook my time to master a small menu, train the waiting staff more and hopefully you can improve.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
409adamj, General Manager at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Since our telephone conversation prior to your review I have passed on all comments to the appropriate departments and will use this information to better ourselves in the future.

David Greenwood
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This was my second time staying here while on business in the area and it didn't disappoint.

Reception staff were welcoming, efficient and friendly.

My room was spacious (a family room I assume as it had a double and single bed) with a good bathroom, clean and comfortable other than being warmer than ideal and picking up just a little noise from the boiler room next door, so worth asking for one away from that if you'd be bothered by this.

Both dinner and breakfast were good quality and dinner rates reasonable for a hotel. Service was quick without feeling rushed.

Plenty of onsite parking and convenient for the city centre.

I will happily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank NigelnTracey
409adamj, Manager at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.