“Excellent Sunday lunch”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 14
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch after a walk around the reservoir. The pub was busy but a very pleasant lady found us space in the small snug area. The fact that it was very busy gave you the feeling the food would be good and we were not disappointed.Large portions of Pork for myself and Beef for my wife served with nice fresh vegetables and lovely roast and mashed potato. The gravy was delicious.
I have had some very good Sunday roasts but none have been better than this, The meats were of excellent quality and cooked perfectly. Choice of puddings excellent, they looked and tasted homemade I had Lemon sponge with cream my Wife mixed fruit Pavlova.
Prices very good £11 or £12 for 2 courses depending on which sweet you chose.All round an excellent pub with lovely atmosphere and fantastic food. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Popped in for lunch on spur of the moment as I was passing this place on Thursday.
I had a nice Everards pint and home made Chicken pie.
The place is Nice relaxing and cosy. It was busy for Thursday lunch which indicate that the place is popular.
It has Car Park and good seating area outside including big garden (area).
The atmosphere was good inside. The decor made you feel homely. Clean toilets.
To use credit/debit cards a requirement of minimum £10 spending. This is one minus point about this place. In today's society not everyone carry cash! Luckily for me that I always carry £20 cash in my pocket.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Came for a couple of beers. Served great beer with lovely service. Nice and cosy in the summer, bet it is in the winter too!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We had great meals , and good service , nice pub atmosphere,
Had a couple of lovely Gins , ..
Enjoyed by all .
Good way to end the week .
Will be back .

Jan M, Owner at Bricklayers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely review glad to hear our food & service was great, looking forward to your return

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful night... 2 fat, full happy tummy (2 steak, chips, all the gubbins, and 2 Small glasses house wine for £18.95 - bargain!!!) Oh, and a really yummy apple and cinnamon pie (we are piglets). Cannot fault this lovely pub; brilliant atmosphere. We went for a stomp round the reservoir first then fed ourself stupid on steak. Highly recommend the rhubarb Gin with ginger tonic... sounds like trendy swizzle... but is honestly out of this world good. Oh, and Miles the BarBoy is a legend. Total poppet who, despite dealing with a busy pub, made sure we were happy bunnies all evening. Cannot and will not fault our evening (but please do book) x

Jan M, Owner at Bricklayers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

we are so pleased you went away full & happy and enjoyed your visit with us I have to say the Bricklayers Arms is a beautiful pub with lovely customers we are very fortunate.
As to the rhubarb gin it is one of my favourites Moorish, tasty & refreshing.
So thank you for your wonderful comments and we'll give Miles a pat on the back lol
and look forward to seeing you in the future