“Deserves greater recognition!”

Plan Burrito
Ranked #371 of 1,261 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: USD 4 - USD 6
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My parents and I went here for my birthday today, just to try something different - it certainly was that...Food is excellent, both starter and huge main burrito; delicious, generous size and great value. My dad did say that were he writing the review, one star would be removed because the chap did not have BOTH hands gloved whilst handling the actual food - though my dad said nothing his downward expression whilst watching it being prepared said it all! However both the girl's hands were gloved and both staff were very friendly. My heart went out to the pair of them though, as, apart from us, the venue was totally empty, meaning an unavoidably lacklustre atmosphere despite the great music and fun sombreros hanging everywhere. My feeling is that - something - is not working here. The general approach was not what I expected: it's set up as a sit-down restaurant, it's tidy and clean - and yet, the treatment given is that of a fast food takeaway: we were finished and out so fast it barely felt like a birthday celebration - no knives or forks (which should be an option, my dad's burrito collapsed when he opened it), you go to the counter to pick what you want in your burrito, once prepared, it's wrapped in foil and given to you, you then go to your table and sit down with it. There is something of an identity crisis here: the owners need to decide whether it's a fast-food takeaway or a full-on restaurant with proper service, cutlery and waiters bringing the food to you - it can't be both, the absence of clientele says it all...A few tweaks to the setup here and there and I could see the business be a great success.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Needed a bite while waiting for my train out of Leicester so i popped in here to try a burrito. Had a vegetarian burrito where i got to choose what goes in it. I basically added everything.. fried beans, Mexican rice, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, jalapenos, and cheese. Loved it!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Incredible good food. It was hot and delicious and completely made my day after a long day at work and cold weather. Really like the fact that you guys add mushrooms to your choice of veggies.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Quick service and friendly staff. They accommodated my requests and food was served quickly. Definitely a good place to drop in if you're waiting for a train.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This is the greatest example of Mexican food within leicester and being the only one on JUSTEAT says it all! Worth it every time!