“Service with a smile!”
Review of Blencarn Hotel

Blencarn Hotel
Ranked #192 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2011

After trawling through lots of hotels and reading various online reviews, I booked the Blencarn as my husband was going to be going into Blackpool hospital for an operation. I booked a family room and as my son was coming with us I wanted somewhere with Wi-fi. From the minute I rang to book and explained our circumstances, the staff (Aaron) could not have been more helpful. We arrived to find (free) parking outside the hotel which was great. Without going into massive detail...during what was a very stressful time for me, being away from my family, I couldnt have asked for nicer, more helpful people. Nothing was too much trouble..we were offered things like earlier breakfasts (thanks Marjorie) before we set off to hospital to offers of moving my car to make getting out the next morning easier. Yes,as mentioned in other reviews, the rooms could maybe do with a little update in decoration, but they were immaculate (and I am a clean freak!). If I ever visit Blackpool again, I would go back here :o)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Definately recommend the hotel, excellent staff so welcoming nothing a bother.
Great location tram and bus stop just outside hotel.
Excellent service at breakfast super fast you just sit down and tea/coffee breakfast on your table.
Rooms cosy could do with an update but immaculate
Great for families right on sea front
Parking at front of hotel which is great and free

Room Tip: We liked the sea view as we came with 5 year old daughter and she could look at sea and street on th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Went for a 2 night mid week break, we had asked and paid for a sea view room, which we got with little window room was room 11 very small an old style needs updating bed not that good rolled together so not best night sleeps.
we were lucky weather was good and did not have to spend any time in this room or would of been climbing the walls, tiny bathroom with tiny shower room and not that clean sink was in room not bathroom as no space
tea an coffee making but teabags just all open out of a big packet we gave them a miss.
the workers and owners are some of the nicest people i have ever met, and very helpful, breakfast was really nice plain and simple.
It calls itself a hotel i would call it a bit up market b/b

Room Tip: ask for a large room with bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Great price, good food, and fantastic staff that are always more than happy to help, even the moat awkward of customers.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 19 September 2011

stayed at the Blencarn for one night mid sept. Very helpful, welcoming staff and owners, the room was very clean and a good size but it would benefit from an update and revamp, soooo much chintz and flowers and netting, very 70's. The room was really cool and there wasn't any heating on at all in the hotel - had to have a shower to warm up! Tea tray but no milk either but excellent breakfast and the hotel is in a good position on the seafront

Room Tip: sea view rooms would be worth paying extra for
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple