See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just spent a week on the Gansey Knitting Break and absolutely loved it. The hotel is a real home from home but what makes it different is Paula. She just loves what she does and it shines through. She is so welcoming, accommodating dietary requests as well as being a really good knitting teacher! I loved the position of the hotel, just a few minutes walk from the seafront and the trams and I got to see the Illuminations! I've already booked my next break.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jeanebee
Reviewed 9 March 2013

"There's a famous seaside place called Blackpool, that's noted for fresh air and fun"... and great knitting breaks.

Just got back from the Westcliffe. Fantastic welcome, comfortable, well-decorated rooms, good food, welcoming hostess who couldn't do enough for us and in a quiet, easily accessible area close to sea and tram stops.

The knitting part of the break was great - help with on-going projects, specialist tuition sessions, an excursion included in the price and friendly "knit and natter" sessions. Can't wait for the next one!

Room Tip: Leave it to Mrs Chew
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Henrietta C
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I have stayed with Paula 4 times now on her organised knitting holidays. From the initial phone call to the last day it is all organised brilliantly. The hotel is comfortable, clean, and tidy. The food is good and the meals leisurely. I need oxygen delivered for my stay and this has never been a problem. I am organising more trips for next year for friends and these will be bespoke craft breaks, Paula is really good at these.

Room Tip: First 2 rooms on first floor are roomy and comfy
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Frances B
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Very efficient from the time we booked & confirmation was sent when promised.They are very friendly people and could not do enough for you.Breakfast was one of the best we have had!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael m
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I expected the stay to be a good one having encountered a high degree of efficiency over the phone and by e-mail when booking my room. The acknowledgement e-mail was clear and to the point, no mistakes were made and I was pleased to be offered a room for only £25. Although I arrived fairly late this didn't seem to be a problem and my two specific needs were catered for to perfection without any fuss. My two specific needs are, namely, being vegan and needing to store my bicycle somewhere secure.
For breakfast I had a typical (vegan) cooked breakfast of sausages, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and hash browns. This was accompanied by toast, jam, tea, juice and cereals. The owner was very friendly and genuine and her dog was also friendly and quite a softy.
Everything worked and was tidy and where you'd expect it. Everything was clean. I'd love to go back.

Room Tip: Ask about accommodation for bicycles
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo