“Great break”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Craig-Y-Don
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed for 7days 3days for Tommy Twiggy and Suzie G. weekend and stayed for 5 more days for Turkey and Tinsill
Staff could not do enough to make your break enjoyable and were all very pleasant to you, All meals were cooked to a high standard and a choice of meals given every day.
Hotel was spotlessly clean and well maintained. Bedrooms was great and comfortable Booked up again for next year

Room Tip: Rooms at front give a good sea view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the Craig-Y-Don for the last week of the illuminations. This was the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel, wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Blackpool. We had a sea view room, it was modern, very clean & had a lovely bathroom. The entertainment in the evening was excellent, all the staff were helpful & very friendly. The breakfast was lovely. I would definitely recommend this hotel, it’s the best in Blackpool. Can’t wait for our visit again next year.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank Allanball
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Is very pleased as stay better. Bedroom was perfect comfort better, very warm up... Lovely see this bar with singing on disco. Next day for Suday breakfast was awesome, very freshly self buffet for breskfast. So I went to Manchester football club with Mike Jagull and Sam Mikey. Is my friends was like this hotel. Mike Jagall told that was too expensive for it! I work out for saving up money before reservation booking on Expedia online request. I was lucky, is being accept to kind it is. Mike was shocking. He wasn't ask me about I am rich! Lol! Anyway, when came back here hotel after laundry. I was surprise, there is no towel being changing on this morning! I pop to reception to ask for fresh towel. Man said; Did you being changing towel on this morning? I said; No, I have no sense there is no come in this morning wasn't towel. Customer say; I will get one large towel for you. He gave to me. I says; Thanks. Reception Customer told me; I'm so sorry about miss this time for changing towel on this morning ok. I accept apologised to it. I very kind it thought. Oh dear, I forgot bring old one out to given to recepition or leave it!!! I felt so amazing to here that song in the bar... I was too little too late as stay bit longer, what I am excited in the bar for last day it is.
I wish return here in the future, what is disappointed! Nevermind, I excited like it like Elvis songs of classics. Well, I will trust be stay here again sometime and I will trust catch to it see lovely song night in the bar disco. That's cool... Hey, mate, this great hotel as stay it is! I will be return again next year, hopfefully!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank DELROY J
craig y, Owner at Hotel Craig-Y-Don, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest thank you for your fantastic review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We noticed you had put another review titled single bed too small, we would be grateful if you could take this off, as it contradicts your more recent review than you

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Just returned home from a lovely long weekend with friends. We have tried to book this hotel on previous visits to Blackpool and it has always been booked up. I now know why. I might add that we are visiting Blackpool again next Easter and have already booked this hotel so that we don't miss out.
Can't fault the place. The food was fantastic, the staff were welcoming and friendly ( Neil the duty manager and Joanne a waitress require a special mention here), and the room was modern and immaculate.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparkysmum1
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I have just left staying at the Craig y Don after staying from Friday-Monday and felt they deserved for people to know that it is definitely a hotel worth staying in.

Before going I emailed to ask could they arrange for balloons to be put in our room as it was my sons Birthday, this wasn’t a problem at all and Barbara arranged this (thanks again). ALL of the staff which work there go out their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible and nothing seems to trouble them (I HOPE YOUS GET A CHRISTMAS BONUS).

The hotel itself is in a great location with a tram and bus stop rite outside and it’s only a 5 min walk from the central pier, 10 mins from the tower. The food is also lovely, if you haven’t booked for breakfast and dinner it’s worth paying the extra to do so.

We had a slight issue with our room which was of no fault of the hotel (guests upstairs overflowed the bath) and the staff were quick to fix this issue, apologetic and very accommodating when making sure my son and I were looked after correctly. However, I would not recommend staying in room 2 as you can hear the water pipes constantly and water flushing through the system every 3-4 minutes particularly at night rite above the beds (I believe this must be because the hotel is always full with residents and it’s just unfortunate that’s where the pipes are situated).

I do have to state that even though the hotel it’s pretty spotless ( definitely a bonus for Blackpool) I would recommend cleaning the skirtings and towel rails more and especially behind the beds. I think it would also be beneficial to invest in WiFi extenders as the reception is very limited around the hotel (not great for kids who like to use an iPad especially and who doesn’t like free internet usage these days) and I would put sweeteners In the rooms also, even though I know the staff would provide it if asked for.

Overall the stay was good and I would return. Thanks for a lovely weekend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family