All reviews sea view great hotel evening meal blackpool breaks buffet breakfast next year entertainment every night self service bar prices games room food was lovely great entertainment night porter central location cannot fault great weekend my mum
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Just returned home from a lovely long weekend with friends. We have tried to book this hotel on previous visits to Blackpool and it has always been booked up. I now know why. I might add that we are visiting Blackpool again next Easter and have already booked this hotel so that we don't miss out.
Can't fault the place. The food was fantastic, the staff were welcoming and friendly ( Neil the duty manager and Joanne a waitress require a special mention here), and the room was modern and immaculate.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sparkysmum1
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I have just left staying at the Craig y Don after staying from Friday-Monday and felt they deserved for people to know that it is definitely a hotel worth staying in.

Before going I emailed to ask could they arrange for balloons to be put in our room as it was my sons Birthday, this wasn’t a problem at all and Barbara arranged this (thanks again). ALL of the staff which work there go out their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible and nothing seems to trouble them (I HOPE YOUS GET A CHRISTMAS BONUS).

The hotel itself is in a great location with a tram and bus stop rite outside and it’s only a 5 min walk from the central pier, 10 mins from the tower. The food is also lovely, if you haven’t booked for breakfast and dinner it’s worth paying the extra to do so.

We had a slight issue with our room which was of no fault of the hotel (guests upstairs overflowed the bath) and the staff were quick to fix this issue, apologetic and very accommodating when making sure my son and I were looked after correctly. However, I would not recommend staying in room 2 as you can hear the water pipes constantly and water flushing through the system every 3-4 minutes particularly at night rite above the beds (I believe this must be because the hotel is always full with residents and it’s just unfortunate that’s where the pipes are situated).

I do have to state that even though the hotel it’s pretty spotless ( definitely a bonus for Blackpool) I would recommend cleaning the skirtings and towel rails more and especially behind the beds. I think it would also be beneficial to invest in WiFi extenders as the reception is very limited around the hotel (not great for kids who like to use an iPad especially and who doesn’t like free internet usage these days) and I would put sweeteners In the rooms also, even though I know the staff would provide it if asked for.

Overall the stay was good and I would return. Thanks for a lovely weekend.

1  Thank LeighAnneStephenson
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We have just returned home from a two night break with our grandaughter for the last weekend of the illuminations. It was our first visit to the hotel and were not disappointed. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. We had booked a sea view room which spotlessly clean and warm as toast. The breakfast was delicious as was both evening meals. Superb value for money. There was entertainment both nights along with bingo. We will definitely return and would recommend to everyone.

2  Thank Sheila B
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Been here for 2 nights away Great family hotel breakfast is self service. Had an issue when I had a shower on Saturday morning the overflow didn't work and the water when in to the room below was fixed immidently.

1  Thank Vikki C
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

How 1 person was meant to sleep
In the single room we were allocated is beyond me... Room 52 is single room bed... There is plenty spaces of the room is. However this hotel is deep clean! Fresh breakfast food was lovely, but pot of orange juice really weird... Because is being taste drink like something put water on orange juice! It's wasn't real juice taste at all,
I skip that away. I buy some juice myself from shpp later. The male on reception was fine person whilst the girls were lovely and polite ... Overall the size of the room made it quite comfortable but we enjoyed our stay. But I let tell you what I am sleeping... I was fell out of my bed and hit my head on wardrobe... Startled me heart attack! Damn!! Is tightly so small single bed. I feel is very, very difficult to sleep uncomfort it is... I was stay wake until over 24hrs half, half and sleep. Then woke bit late for meet my friend Crista from Manchester! I rush some breakfast then will go see her... Was too late! She went to the airport now, I wasn't say goodbye to her. Pretty disappointed place a single room. I thought was double room, but is single room so small I was 40 year old. How I am fitting sleep comfort it! So Tv not 100% clear of arena... Because there is very view channels like only 3 channels at all. Because is television arena it's not fitting the signal on... I have to turn it off... I just thinking keep thinking... just nothing. Is bit bland of boring at all nights! Wasn't fixtures on TV arena connections properly. So anxious for that TV arena way fixtures problem! My mobile watch most repeats on movie play on. But the Wifi it's good start for high standard property on this hotel. Because is very poor condition is made the way is too low. I pop to the Blackpool library using internet better to paid charge £3 per 2 hours. Then went back home (hotel), I make some hotpot of noodle to go outside to eating then back inside the room. TV is still affect arena problem... I try fiddling on TV arena... Still not work properly, see the pictutre. I give up hell of it! I strianght sleep half sleep. I can't wait go home for London. So is quite disappointed that single room bed is too small for me. Is wasn't try double room is comfort than singles bed like young student use a single room in private! But is not bad place hotel fully in entertainment entry like medium disco, game room and the bar was very quiet. Is hard what I am doing where could be sleep comfort 4 nights it is! Never mind, I respect to kind for it. Last day greatest went home in London, I takes the coach start felling deep sleep for longer jounery way home!!! But is lucky it is, being fell out of bed hit my head on by wardrobe! I'm fine but I don't such same room again, because is awful, I was uncomfort to sleep well.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Nesta99
craig y, Owner at Hotel Craig-Y-Don, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Please do not book our hotel again, this is about the fourth time you have stayed here and every time you leave a nonsense review. You had the same room as last time, you booked a single bed, why would you expect to get a double when you only booked and paid for a single. I see you fell out of bed again, at least this time you aren't blaming the ghost for tipping you out like you did before!!If there was a problem with the tv you should have reported it to reception, we don't advertise Wi fi in the rooms, so why would you expect to have it. I saw you in the lounge on your tablet several times where you can receive free Wi fi
Anyone reading this review please look at his reviews for other hotels, they cannot be taken seriously at all!!