All reviews sea view great hotel blackpool breaks evening meal next year buffet style entertainment every night kids entertainment food was lovely games room bar prices great entertainment cannot fault central location night porter would highly recommend this hotel my mum
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Stayed for 3 nights to see illuminations and had a very nice stay. There was my husband and I and our 12 year old.Large rooms. It was more like two rooms with the bathroom in the middle. Nicely decorated and a big shower. Buffet breakfast, so you could eat as much as you like. The food was lovely so we paid for evening meals too. My only issue was the toaster. You got either warm bread or well down toast depending on whether you put it through once or twice. Maybe some pop up toasters would be better and more economical.
Everybody was polite and friendly. We didn't spend much time in the hotel,during the day, but had a drink, and listened to the entertainment, late evening. Nothing wrong with the bar prices.
Would definately recommend.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed here Friday until Monday on a coach holiday with Breaks 2 go. Check in was a very quick process despite there being a lot of people from our coach. Rooms are very modern, clean,spaces and comfy. Food is excellent and staff are very friendly and they look after their guests. On Sunday I didn't have my dinner because I had my lunch too late on in the day so I wasn't hungry but I felt special when a waitress from the restaurant asked me if I was ok because I didn't go to get any food.

The entertainment at the hotel was excellent. Live singers on stage & DJ's.

A show that I come to Blackpool each year for is the Legends Tribute Show at the Sands Venue beside the Tower. You need to go and see that when you are in Blackpool. Its on Thursday until Sunday nights with Fridays being specials A Night With A Legend.

If you haven't booked dinner with the hotel then I would recommend The Eating Inn. Go left and its just down the promenade or The swift hound. Only £5 in a taxi.

2  Thank MarkO826
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Woww where to start. So checked inon 21st august for oir week stay and wasnt sure what to expect as never stayed. We def didnt need to worry. Our room was amazing so much room in it and with 2 kids and a baby just what was needed. Pleenty of storage spcious good size bathroom fresh towels etc every day lovely housekeeping staff. Reception. U guys do the hotel proud. Friendly helpful nothing to much always someone there no matter if day or night. So professional also. Bar staff just as good especially tom who is good laugh gets on well with everyone. The food was great can help yourself and always so fresh. Plenty of choice also and always kept clean. Good entertainment every night. We had friends who were staying in different hotel and they were allowed in to join us which is fanrastic. Thank u guys for making our week enjoyable relaxing and no hassle.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank bitwwhat
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a brilliant family break at the Craig y don. Cannot fault this hotel , this was our 3rd visit and it was as always a pleasure to stay there and I will definitely be returning in the future. The breakfast they serve sets you up for the day , it is very good quality served by very friendly and welcoming staff . We also paid for the optional evening meal and we were very happy with the options available and thought it was exceptional value for money . Drinks were reasonably priced at the bar in a family friendly atmosphere. All in all we had a fab bank holiday weekend at the Craig y don and this hotel will always be our first choice whenever we return to blackpool in the future . Thanks to all at the Craig y don !

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank brownsandra1924
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Weekend break. hotel is on the front about fifteen minutes walk from tower on the South Side, Manchester square tram stop. Can unload outside hotel limited free parking on streets behind hotel. Nice seating area, small bar not cheap drinks and limited snaks with big windows overlooking prom and beach small Recption, had a problem with male receptionist before I'd booked in, felt like the accused asking where toilet was. Lift Was very small maybe two people with lugage. Room was clean bright and airy, bed comfortable. Toilet small, clean and shower very small, could not adjust shower head to spray down had to hold it yourself. Entertaiment was nightly when we were there quiz, bingo and singer eightish to elevenish. We were in room just above lounge it was too loud until entertainment finished. Food was good, bufet breakfast order dinner from two choices or salad at breakfast and trimings bufet with soup a good selection of deserts must have a good cook. Most staff local which was nice.

Room tip: Avoid rooms 25,26, 27, 28 noisy.
1  Thank K7668APandrewm