The Bedford Hotel
USD 85*
USD 74*
  • Breakfast included
Travelocity
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
USD 50*
USD 45*
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewlovely pooltoastkippersfootball teambit datedlovely hotelpool tablenorth pierbudget hotelexcellent value for moneyfull englishfood was lovelystayed for nightspublic areasshort break
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just returned from the Bedford for 2 nights , logging on to write my review I was shocked to see some of the more recent reviews and can not understand where these opinions come from. I travel to Blackpool twice a year and have stayed in many smaller hotels and b&b's, the Bedford being the best for the price, for what we paid for our double room we were happy with the standard, room was clean and breakfast nice. We had some drinks in the bar on the first night before we went out and was happy with the price and service, we spoke to the manager upon check out as we wanted to request some prices to return over the Christmas period and he was helpful and polite. We shall be returning in a few months time.

Room Tip: If they have availability and you have the spare cash up-grade to a seaview room, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable. We completely agree we are also shocked at some of the comment, we just wish some guests would inform use of their problems and at least give us chance to rectify the them. We look forward to welcoming you back, thank you once again.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We travel to Blackpool twice a year with the family and always stay at the Bedford Hotel, the rooms are very clean, the location is fantastic being just a short 5 minute walk from City Centre. The staff are fantastic, always very friendly to us and overly kind to the children, who love staying here as they have the facility of a swimming pool. Thank you and we shall see you again at Christmas.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pippylongstocking9

Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we are your favourite place. If we can be of any assistance we will try our best to go that little bit further. I will pass your kind comments on to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back at Christmas, thank you once again.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Arrived to be greeted by Adrian, very professional and welcoming. Room was facing the sea and was overall a lovely room. Really clean! Loved the cooked breakfast and the evening meals were always a very good standard! first time at the Bedford but will definitely stay again. Thanks to really friendly bar staff! John your great.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and loved our Breakfasts and Evening Dinners. I will pass your kind comments on to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back, thank you once again.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed here for one night only on a very late booking, our double room at the rear was adequate for our needs, however the room smelt damp on entry and we discovered this was due to the bathroom, which was dirty and had a mouldy shower curtain giving off a bad smell!!
All public areas were clean and tidy, the breakfast was good with buffet for juices, cereals and fruit, and waiter service for the hot breakfast. All staff were very polite, helpful, and efficient.
The hotel lift is ancient and very small ( my wife is slim and I'm average and we had to squeeze in). It's not suitable for anyone infirm as there are a number of steps to negotiate at different levels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a seaview!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for your comments, please accept my apologies over the shower curtain our housekeepers have been shown how to check them daily and replace when needed. Our lift is small but is fully functional and can accommodate 2 or 3 people. I will pass your kind comments onto members of staff. If the clients would like to ever return to the Bedford Hotel we will ensure their stay is too our highest of standards. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Luckily, only paid £35 for myself and my boyfriend for one night in this hotel. I feel the pain of anyone who paid more. I wish I could of rated the food staff seperataly to the other hotel staff, as the waiting staff at breakfast were brilliant, lovely, very friendly and professional. The gentleman on reception however I found very miserable and not welcoming at all. We were merely passed our keys and told to check out at 10:30. We weren't told where anything was or anything. When we came to check out also, we couldn't find a member of staff anywhere.
I think the manager should learn to take some constructive criticism, the replies to some of the unhappy guest reviews I find rude and VERY unprofessional, and for THIS reason I would never recommend this hotel. I wish I had read all these reviews before I chose this hotel.
I will await your unprofessional sarcastic reply!!!
Go down to the young kitchen staff and learn some customer services from them :)

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jodie_dbk

I am sorry to hear the guests did not enjoy their stay, we do try and make guests stay most enjoyable. I was not on reception at the time of check –in and apologise for the persons abruptness as for check-out I was still downstairs in the Restaurant, and it is me that trains the restaurant and kitchen staff. I only wish you had spoken to myself with your problems giving me the chance to rectify your views. If the guests would return to the hotel, I will ensure their stay is too our highest of standards. Once again I apologise the guest did not enjoy their stay