“Will return”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #244 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Just had two nights at the Canasta while doing the shows.
Nothing is too much for the very friendly staff. We were greeted every time we appeared downstairs or return to the hotel with promises of hot drinks. Much needed too.
The breakfast keeps you going all day too.
I'll be back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Geoff-Blackwell

Reviewed 24 January 2012

we spent 2 nights at this hotel room 16 very plesant, the view was lovely as was the hotel the staff were very nice and plesant, the breakfast was one to remember a few different things on the menu, and if you want more just ask nothing was a bother to the staff, i will be coming to blackpool again next year and i will be coming back to the canasta hotel, very well done to all who are involved.

Room Tip: room 16 excellent view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank benidormbabe39
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I have stopped at the canasta several times now and i cant see why people fault it?
surley if you are staying somewhere and you find a fault/problem you report it but i hate the people who say nothing then use the internet to rate a hotel as rubbish. i can honestly say that the owners of the canasta treat you as you treat them polite and friendly in the world today what do people expect for there money you get what you pay for only the canasta gives that bit more .

Room Tip: be friendly and polite to the staff it costs nothing
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank carlbee50
Reviewed 10 January 2012

bog standard Blackpool B&B- not awful, but not particularly great. Location good, breakfast average (service slow). Pay extra for a seaview room as the view from the back rooms is very grim. Unfriendly staff was my main gripe-as was the parking situation. Impractical and annoying. Would not return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank CardiffNL
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

I'm puzzled what you found "impractical and annoying". If you were referring to the car parking we have spaces for 18 vehicles - far more than many in the Victorian town of Blackpool.
I'm sorry you didnt find us very friendly. Perhaps there were reasons for that. We do treat folk as we find them.
From the tone of your review I'm kind of pleased you wont be coming back.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

stayed at the Canasta hotel recently for a special occasion, would not go again, beds not comfy, did not like the "non friendly" approach, hard working girls though i must say.

would not recommend to a friend!!

Room Tip: just dont book into any room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elaine474780
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Oh dear. I'm sorry you didnt enjoy your stay but I am a little puzzled by your comments. Our matresses get changed every two years and we regularly get good comments about them. We dont buy the cheap rubbish many others do. If EVER we get a comment about a bed being uncomfortable we generally replace it straight away - I cant honestly remember the last time we did have a complaint about that. and am puzzled why you didnt let me know when you were here? If you were staying more than one night I would definitetly have sorted it for subsequent nights (or at least for the next guest). Perhaps you'd like to go the extra mile and email me about which room you stayed in.

As for the "non friendly approach" well i dont know what to say really. I must be honest and say I can't remember you. I do all the check-ins as I like to know who is staying in my house (yes we live on the premises). I always greet with a smile and chat and try and get guests to sit down and have a cuppa before giving the key etc.

Thanks for mentioning the one good point - we are quite proud of our staff.

We obviously got it wrong in your case and I am genuinely sorry about that.

Have a great trip next time you come to Blackpool - even if its not with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackpool
0.2 km away
0.4 km away
Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Hilton Blackpool Hotel
#37 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to Canasta Hotel? Share your experiences!