3,538 results
All reviews bunk beds pleasure beach roller coaster superior family room big dipper vip entrance pepsi max play station dvd player car park lovely hotel self service family hotel couldn't fault buffet style restaurant staff tram stop
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We had been upgraded when we got there and room was nice, very comfortable and clean. Got our Pleasure Beach wristbands from reception at a really good price and used their enterance.
Was easy to jump on the tram to get into town. Great to get free Wifi and parking at a Blackpool hotel too. Breakfast was probably the best thing about the hotel though :)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This is a very pleasant Hotel but very noisey walls very thin breakfast and dinner were first class pity about the bar service which was appalling could not mix basic drinks disapointing it was also very noisey with small children I thought it might be quieter out of season

1  Thank donedinburgh
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms 418 (family), 419 (family) and 436 (Suite). Age range 62-4 months. Weather 22C and sunny.

My wife and I took our family of 4 adults and 4 grandchildren away for a weekend break. We ate breakfast and dinner in the restaurant during our stay. We also had extra guests for dinner one night.

Every request I made during booking and the stay was dealt with efficiently and promptly. Staff were very friendly and patient considering young children - exactly what you want in a family friendly hotel.

Food was great, with a great children's menu - who loved the 'be a chef and prepare your own pizza' option.

The last comment comes from our 5yr old grandson - as we waited to check out.... "I want to live here", says it all.

Coming back, but for longer next time!!

1  Thank c53204
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have just taken my 2 sons and 4 Grandchildren, for the weekend, to the Big Blue Hotel in Blackpool.

Every pre-arranged request was adhered to, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly and we had such a good weekend. Lovely little touches and the cleanest hotel we have been in for a long time.

We also had a couple of guests join us on the Saturday evening and they were very impressed with the food, service, etc.

The ages ranged from 4 months to 62 years and we all thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend.

Well done the Big Blue Hotel- 10/10 ⭐️

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I decided to have a one night stay in Blackpool, including a trip to The Pleasure Beach, on the actual morning of my stay. After travelling by train to Blackpool North, whilst walking up the Promenade towards the South Shore, I made up my mind to treat myself and book into The Big Blue.
After checking the mobile website for availability and prices I arrived at the hotel and found the check-in process to be efficient, friendly and very informative (A genuine pleasure after that 2 mile walk!). I was informed at check-in that I was being upgraded from a standard double room to a deluxe, at no extra charge, which was a very unexpected and welcome bonus.
The room itself was superb. It was clean and spacious, with a contemporary feel, and very well stocked with drink making facilities and toiletries. The room included a large wall mounted flat screen television, DVD player, free Wi-Fi and a funky air-con unit. The television included a useful channel containing all relevant information relating to the hotel and Pleasure Beach (bar/restaurant/room-service menus etc).The Wi-Fi coverage in the room was very good.
Included in the deluxe bedroom was an extension to the room length, incorporating a small lounge area with the most comfortable leather and suede chairs that I've had the pleasure of sitting in.
I had a bedroom on the 4th floor, at the front of the hotel (sea view) and had absolutely no issues with noise throughout my stay.
I did not use the bar/restaurant during my stay as I was predominantly out exploring, and also thought that a breakfast might be a bad idea before hitting the roller coasters! However, the facilities looked to be of a very high standard, with substantial menu choices (although, bear in mind that you will be paying 4* hotel prices for anything other than breakfast).
Included in my booking was the option to purchase a wristband for unlimited rides at the Pleasure Beach for just £18 (Normally £22 pre-booked or £32.50 on the day). I purchased this for the date of my check-out. The check-out time (11am) coincided with the Pleasure Beach opening time, with the process of checking out and picking up my wristband from reception being efficient and effortless. During check-out I was informed by the receptionist (whose name I wish I had noted, as she is a credit to the hotel) that the Pleasure Beach has its own train station (Blackpool South) and that perhaps I could see if there were any trains home from there to save myself the lengthy journey back to Blackpool North later that day. It's thoughtful service, such as this, which really makes a stay feel customer orientated, and was hugely appreciated.
The hotel has a free luggage store to allow you to access the Pleasure Beach and collect your bags afterwards, this saves on having to use the lockers within the park. The hotel also has its own entrance to the park, for guests only, which is open for one and a half hours from park opening. This is very close to the entrance to The Big One, along with many other rides, so hotel guests will be able to walk straight in and beat the queues.
All in all, I had a wonderful stay at The Big Blue Hotel and a fantastic day at the Pleasure Beach. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone, but especially to those who wish to spend time at the Pleasure beach. I will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front will be quieter as rooms at the rear overlook the Pleasure Beach.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo