“Amazing food and service”
Review of Cascades Restaurant - CLOSED

Cascades Restaurant
Price range: USD 14 - USD 124
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Would definitely recommend eating here. Even if you aren't staying at the hotel, this restaurant is well worth a visit. The food is superb and worth every penny. We had three courses for £19.50 and cannot praise the quality highly enough. Greg was funny and attentive without being intrusive. Not a massive menu but I prefer that. Would sooner have a few exceptional dishes to choose from than a menu full of mediocrity. Will visit this restaurant again if in Blackpool and would have no hesitation advising friends to eat here too.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We decided to visit the restaurant after reading the reviews in Trip Advisor. We booked for an 8pm meal and were the only customers for some time, the place was well appointed and the staff Greg and Robyn were great and made us feel welcome.
The menu was not very extensive but we were happy with our choices, the food was very well presented and was very tasty. Again the wine list was limited but our Rioja was superb and a reasonable price.
All in all, I think that it was good value for money, but the atmosphere was lacking. We will probably return, after we have tried a few more places

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to eat... Gregg was amazing and a great laugh, it was very relaxed and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful if they tried. Not really cheap but defo not too expensive and the food was beautifully presented and sated superb!
I would defo come back here again for any occasion. Its really relaxed yet intimate, service was prompt, food piping hot, very clean establishment and will certainly vist again when we are next in blackpool.
Thank you gregg, neil and staff for making the night meal special for me and the girls.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just got back to our hotel after a beautiful evening at Cascades. I booked the table for my partners birthday and we literally could not have had a better evening. I'm a manager in a gastro pub in Warwickshire so as you can imagine my partner hates going out for meals with me as I pick apart and analyse everything!
If you are looking for somewhere non corporate and not over ridden with load mouth drunks that serve food to the highest standard, staff who genuinely care about their guests and love where they work this is the number one place to go in Blackpool.
Tonight I had the chicken and brandy pate to start and my partner had the spicy prawns, both homemade and fantastic! I had the duck breast for main, cooked to perfection and served with dauphinoise, broccoli and swede, all so flavoursome and clearly cooked and plated with care and precision. My other half had the stuffed chicken served with the same and said it was the best meal he had had in a very long time. I completely agree it is so hard to find an incredible place like this!
I had the creme brûlée to finish as I just couldn't resist even though I was stuffed as the portion sizes are more than generous. We also had a jug of one of their fab cocktails and all this came to £50 I nearly fell off my chair incredible value!
We were looked after by two lovely girls Jayne and Robyn who were both so welcoming and friendly we accidentally spent all evening there! These girls need a raise they are doing such an outstanding job and absolutely love where they work which is brilliant to see and it shows as they really do make you feel personally looked after.
After diner we went through to the bar for cocktails where the bar man was also so enthusiastic and bubbly! And they allow dogs in the hotel now I know I can bring my extended family next year, can this place get any better!
These guys should all be so proud of what they have here food, drink, customer service and staff working in perfect harmony. Thank you all for making our night so perfect! Cannot wait to come back again next year!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We looked up Cascades on tripadvisor as no one had done much planning for my Dad's 70th in Blackpool and we were delighted with the experience. The food was a welcome respite from chips and doughnuts on the strip, with added value brought by the staff! Great laughs were had, plenty of wine poured down our necks and a good sing song to wish my Dad a happy birthday!
I had the pate to start with a steak diane for main - the food took a little time to reach us, but you could tell why - the taste and presentation were top notch!
Would recommend this to anyone who fancies something other than fish and chips or pub grub. Don't leave your camera with the maitre d (who does resemble the bloke off Coach Trip) - he'll take plenty of snaps of himself! Great laugh and my Dad couldn't stop saying how chuffed he was with the whole evening.