See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed here at the weekend just gone. First had a call the night before at 21:30 from "Sonny" the hotel manager. He'd overbooked so was moving us to another hotel around the corner for "no extra cost". Something didn't feel right so tried to call the "new" hotel before we set off just to make sure - nowhere on the internet could I find a phone number for this new place. when i called Sonny back i was suddenly back staying at the "Melbourne!"

Having looked forward to the weekend away for a while we just got in the car and set off.

When we arrived, there was a large group of men outside the hotel smoking - workmen it seemed as the manager was having an argument with one of them about not doing anything for the last 4 hours.

After a scramble around he finally found our key and directed us to the room.

The room was small but enough for the two of us. The kettle and cups were dirty and the lock on the room door very loose - one of the workmen followed us up and said he was just about to fix the lock. The curtains weren't big enough for the window meaning there was loads of light spilling into the room.

We quickly changed and went out keen not to ruin any of our weekend break. When we returned that night we found the manager outside the hotel - he'd lost his front door key. After we let him in we went up to our room and noticed most of the rooms we passed were wide open with keys still in the locks. For 1am this certainly didn't give us the impression of "overbooked!" as I had been told. Albeit the loose lock was now very secure! The lady of the house asked if we'd like clean bedding and towels the next day and we said yes.

The bedding was clean but only 2 paper thin pillows provided.

On going to use the shared bathroom the next day I was mortified. A shower room with toilet - no sink.

The toilet was filthy and didn't flush properly, and the shower was full of that damp pink mould - the bath mats were soaking and there was hardly any tissue paper available.

We decided to stay the last night anyway as the room was quiet.

When we returned to Melbourne the next tea time there was a stag party checking in - despite the booking.com website saying they were not allowed. We also weren't provided with clean bedding or towels as offered and requested the night before.

That night we were woken by the stag party 3 or 4 times as each of them kept coming back to the hotel - the last one being around 6am.

The next morning we headed out and to now have still not seen the hotel manager to check out. We ended up having to leave the keys in the foyer and go as the car parking fee was almost up.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room - really!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

so we booked to stay here after reading the reviews we were thinking shall we cancel but we thought no lets go and see for ourselves upon arrival we was greeted by a lovely couple who made us a cup of tea and we started talking about the guest house and they explained how they had only just taken over the place and when they took over it was in a mess but looking what they have done to the place is an amazing transformation yes there is some bits n bobs that need doing we were looked after throughout our stay clean room shower was beautiful and clean fresh and brand new towels we loved it and will be booking to stay there again 100% never believe the reviews you read this young couple have only just taken over the place 2 weeks ago hope to see you both soon

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank sonny s
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Currently staying in this hotel.. my friend booked it without advising me 1st once I read the reviews I thought what the heck.. but upon arriving we was greeted by a great fella really chatty made ya feel at ease... upon getting into are room which very spacious .. only down fall was the mattress but that was soon sorted .. will deffo book again in near future .. all I will say never believe reviews from the past

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sammi01924
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Absolutely fantastic little hotel. Very nice guy who owns it greeted me with a cuddle. Whole place is bright and well lit. Smells nice and fresh too. Interesting I've never seen a sink/shower/toilet "all in one" before but it fits nicely in the room not taking up too much space so plenty of room to do other activities. Very quiet too didn't even realise there was other guests there. Very modern place you should defo check it out if you need a place to stay in Blackpool. Only downside I would say is probably the price, at £10 I would say this is probably a bit steep.

Room Tip: Ask for the room 12 special massage
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Worse place I have ever been to even the rats left after the four mins we were there needs shutting down these are some of the photos we took no heating only 6/8 in a morning and evening was greeted by something I can only describe as something out of an horror movie avoid people

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family