I stayed here with my partner in crime in 2009. We were in the Lakes to reconnect - The Lakes always does that for us and staying at this amazing hotel was just the icing on the cake!
The owner Sarah is the most caring and friendly "woman who runs a bed and breakfast" you will ever meet. She gave us tips on where to eat etc. She made the trip so well worth it!
The hotel is tastefully decorated and spotless! There was nothing spared. Breakfast in the morning should be a review unto itself - everything was fresh, well cooked and the presentation was flawless. Just what I needed to tackle 4 days of strenuous hiking! I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Sorry it took so long to write this review. FAB! FAB! FAB!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wheatlands Lodge is 5 star Bed and Breakfast situated in the centre of Windermere on a quiet road just off the main road fro Windermere to Bowness. All our rooms are en-suite . Windermere is a 20 minute walk from the Lake. We are 5 minutes away from Windermere station . Our breakfasts are homemade using the highest quality ingredients available. We make all our own bread , yoghurt ,mueslis, jams and award winning marmalades. Fresh tea or coffee and homemade cakes are offered on arrival. Free Wifi is available throughout the house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Otel and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wheatlands Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wheatlands Hotel Windermere
- Wheatlands Lodge Windermere, Lake District