“fantastic lodge, great park and staff, highly...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Footprints Lodge

Footprints Lodge, White Cross Bay - idyllic woodland setting in the heart of the English Lakes
Well equipped kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Well equipped kitchen
Short stroll to the Lake shore
Master bedroom en-suite
Beautiful surroundings
Ideal location to explore the Lakes
Twin bedroom one
West-facing decking
Frequent visitors to the Lodge
TV/DVD with Netflix
Relax, explore, enjoy!
Comfortable lounge
Woodland setting
Large decking area with sofa area and out door dining table
Outdoor private hot tub
Beautiful Lake Windermere shore
Surrounded by wildlife
Twin bedroom 2
Facilities at White Cross Bay
Family bathroom
A new vista every day from White Cross Bay marina
Ample wardrobe space and TV/DVD in master bedroom
Dinning for six
Home from home finishing touches
Wine and dine on your holiday
Your Lakeland Retreats starts here!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Michael L
“fantastic lodge, great park and staff, highly recommended,”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Footprints lodge fantastic, all home comforts in great setting . Ian at marina goes above and beyond to help as do all staff on site. Decking area great for outdoor dining with extended area and hot tub very popular .. easy to book with quick response and plenty of info from park and owner.. highly recommended.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: all above
Liked least: nothing to dislike at all
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Nov 2016
Many thanks for your review Michael - great feedback on the site and our lodge which is much appreciated.
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

2 Nov 2016
Thank you for your review and delighted you enjoyed your stay at Footprints Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sarahandh...
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I was extremely disappointed with this lodge for numerous reason on arrival I was informed that the facilities would cost extra even though when I booked with foot prints lodge I was informed that they were included (I was eventually reimbursed for this around ten days after I was told I would be refunded) when I entered the lodge there was an off smell when I proceeded to the master bedroom the smell was terrible we then opened the onsuite bathroom to find the smell foul and the bathroom damp I then let the owner know who said she had no idea what it was and that her cleaner didn't mention anything and that it would need to be investigated. This smell did not go away for the full seven nights and was not investigated until I left and I have heard nothing since from the owner despite my attempt to communicate as I presumed that I would be entitled to some sort of reimbursement after her "investigation" as the lodge was clearly not up to standards and she did say that she would need to investigate it every time I communicated with her during my stay to let her know the smell was still there as she asked me to keep her informed. I also informed her that I thought it may be a damp issue due to our clothes smelling and feeling damp and there being mould on the ceiling. For the first few days we had very bad weather the lodge was freezing and I had issues with the heating not working properly I was informed by the owner that she only had one thermostat on which was in the kitchen living area therefore when your using the kitchen or have the living room fire on then the heating will not work and the rest of the lodge is left to get cold which is stupid and not appropriate in my opinion and when you have a 11 month old with you it's extremely inconvenient. Also if there is no one in the living room for 30 minutes the heating will also switch off then but to be honest due to the temperature that the radiators are set at they were barely warm to touch even when on. The hot tub when we used it was very foamy we found out on Monday when the hot tub man came to clean it that it was not clean and had infact not been cleaned for our arrival on the Friday so he cleaned the hot tub on the Monday morning and told us that due to heating up time it would not be ready until after midnight therefore we had no use of the tub for a full day (after complaining I was reimbursed 10 pound for one day no use of the hot tub but did not receive it until a nearly a week later) i also mentioned to her that when we opened the hot tub for first use that the head rest was floating around she claimed she had no idea how that had happened but her hot tub maintenance man later said that the head rest was pants and does fall off. We had other minor issues such as the outdoor heater being out of order but after speaking to the owner she said it's not really out of order it's just very difficult to use and people keep ordering new gas bottles the beddings had stains, you need to shower before you use the hot tub but we were unable to use the on suite with the shower as it was unbearable to go into and damp therefore the whole family had to use a short hand held shower head also the photos that show grass area infront of the lodge are actually miss leading as there is infact a lodge on that patch of grass and the small part of a tree you see on the photo is actually behind that lodge therefore the photo must have been took before the lodge was put there. They also state washer and dryer in there add it is infact an on site laundrette which when I went in the machines were taking your money but not working. I now believe that the owner had no intentions of compensating me at all and she was infact waiting for her money to clear from me and then to just ignore me and that is why she stalled to have to lodge investigated. I also know now that I should not have been so trust worthy by letting her wait until I had left to investigate the issues I had but I totally believed that she would be back in contact as soon as she had realised how bad it was and offer some sort of compensation. I hope people find this helpful as I would hate for this to happen to anyone else but as for the area we stayed in it is absolutely beautiful.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jackie S
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Beautiful Lodge, it was in a great location close to all amenities.
Would highly recommend to friends.
would book again

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location loved the hot tub
Liked least: we enjoyed everything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 Oct 2016
Many thanks for your review. We're very proud of our lodge and being able to offer a high standard of accommodation in a beautiful woodland setting.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing