All reviews lake view lovely hotel buffet style third floor two nights evening meal dog friendly hotel lake district two night stay road noise booked this hotel short stroll hotel is situated both mornings bed was very comfortable my partner full english
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Not a cheap break but my wife and I arranged to meet friends here for the weekend.
Very poor check in with nothing explained and the room looked extremely worn with badly marked headboard, a drawer front actually fell off the bedside unit, a tv that was so small and looked like a remnant from the 60’s with distressed furniture the best way to describe.
Although the room was extremely disappointing to our surprise the bathroom was ok with a bath and shower.
The lounge downstairs was nice and the restaurant was excellent along with the restaurant staff.
Lake District Hotels are expensive due to popularity and this one was an expensive disappointment due to the room, would we go back? Probably not.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very dated, especially the bedroom. The headboard on the bed was worn out, the walls were in desperate need of a paint as they seemed to look dirty due to old paint wearing off. There was also a large hole on one of the sofas in the bar area.

The room was highly overpriced for what it was..£150 a night.

However, the hotel was clean enough, the staff were helpful and friendly and we had a quiet, peaceful sleep. The breakfast was good quality.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We stayed at The Craig Manor Hotel for one night 20th August 2018. Lovely welcome, nice & clean. Very central to shops and amenities. Breakfast was delicious. Full English or continental. My husband and I had the full english!! We paid extra for a view of lake, waste of money, we expected a full view but it was just a small corner!! They was no lift, we had a few flights of stairs to our room. It didn't bother us but someone with trouble walking I could see this being a problem.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for lake view..not worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beverley r
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms ok - quite traditional. Good breakfast. WiFi difficult. As we booked via a website we couldn’t cancel a room for our other friends who sadly couldn’t join us yet told they’d sold room. We asked for and we’re given key.

Our other friends forgot a pair of glasses and called to ask them to be posted on: told they’d be charged postage ( fair enough ) plus £5 to go to Post Office! Talk about NOT going the extra mile!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and the room we had was fantastic! It was a double room with a lake view. Huge bed and huge space ensuite. The hotel was very nice, old traditional themed, friendly staff and great breakfasts. Totally non fault of the hotel and staff but I would imagine it would be very difficult for those who can’t climb stairs as I had to lug a suitcase up very narrow staircases and as far as I could see there were no lifts available. I didn’t mind as I am a fit guy in my 30s but bear this in mind if you are older. Around half a mile from town centre very quiet and relaxed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple