All reviews tasting menu hot tub dry ice ren toiletries pre dessert michelin star matching wines afternoon tea coffee machine wine flight petit fours junior suite special occasion truffle stunning views head chef lake district
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I booked a night at the Samling for myself and my husband as a belated anniversary stay. This was our first stay, and I'm horribly difficult to please, but I wasn't disappointed. The room was beautiful with an amazing view of the lake. The staff were professional and not at all stuffy. Nothing was too much trouble and the little extras made all the difference. I particularly liked the option of an early morning cup of tea or coffee brought to the room prior to breakfast.

2  Thank Laura F
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I both have our 60th Birthdays within a few weeks of each other, our Son and Daughter bought us a wonderful present of a night at The Samling Hotel, dinner, bed and breakfast. We arrived to be greeted cheefully by a lovely girl who told us we had been upgraded. Wow what a lovely supprise our suite had the most fantastic view right down Windermere, how lucky can two people be! well even luckier because the food was the best I have ever tasted, the staff were excellent and explained every dish, you get all the special little extras that can be expected from such a fabulous hotel and more. It really is worth reaching 60 years young for I only hope I don't have to wait that long to go back.
Thanks for making our birthdays very special indeed.
Pat & Col

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are very special and you couldn't go wrong with any view in such a lovely setting.
2  Thank Pat P
Reviewed 6 October 2012

3 nights of marvellous relaxation, luxury, friendly and attentive staff and fantastic food. All-round excellence. Lethera suite has great views and the hot tub is a must-do, especially in the rain! This was our first visit and we'll certainly return.

Room Tip: Methera and Lethera both have great lake views
2  Thank Nigel O
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Loved the experience from arrival to departure, make sure you book and use the hot tub, views across the lake is stunning.

Staff made you feel really special, very attentive.
Food was excellent, not sure about the 'snail cigar' though.

Bar bill can be quite expensive, be careful

John

Room Tip: Choose the Lethera Suite, stunning views from your 'sitting room'
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank john b
Reviewed 29 September 2012

2nd visit to The Samling, ever better than last time, the food was to die for, the staff welcoming & helpful, not at all stuffy. They seem to have taken on board other people's comments as there are now Nespresso machines & a small mini bar selection in the rooms, we were also greated at the steps on arrival by Jonny. This is the only place in the lakes which we have returned to after visiting many, we will be back again in the future!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple