Stayed at the Holbeck for one night, on the Dinners Delight Package.
On arrival we were taken around the hotel, and shown the various lounges, dining room and Spa. We were then taken to our room, and shown all the facilities in there. We thought that this was a very personnel touch, and made us feel exceptionally welcome.
Our room was a Lake View room - with a view to die for!!
Didn't want to leave this fabulous room, but forced ourselves to go downstairs for afternoon tea.
Luckily the sun had come out, so we sat in the lovely warm weather on the Terrace eating the most fantastic sandwiches and cakes and looking at a most fantastic view. Life could not get any better.
However life did get even better when we went down for our evening meal. Had canopies and a glass of champagne in one of the lounges, and sat in the bay-window overlooking the most fantastic view as the sun started to set. The canopies were fabulous.
The service in the dining room was extremely professional, and pleasant. The meal was awesome, and just as good as the other Michelin Star restaurants that we have been to. One recommendation that I would have is to have the Lemon Plate for dessert - this was just out of this world.
Afterwards we had petite fours and coffee in the lounge, before retiring to our room.
We will definitely be returning to this wonderful place, and would recommend anyone to stay here. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District