Book In Advance
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,836 results
All reviews lovely walk national trust car park beautiful waterfall parking fee steep steps natural beauty lake district nt members heavy rain ullswater steamer two hours small shop well worth the effort easy walk walking boots red squirrels
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We climbed expecting waterfalls to marvel at. Not so I'm afraid! Its a moderate climb about 1.5hrs round trip, unless there has been heavy rainfall the falls are dry and not spectacular. Pick your day for best effect. Free to see but paying car park

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

But good place for a picnic nice tracking and scenery was good weather helped us explore the fall better. But don’t go there with big expectations

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Second visit here and very good once again, good choice of walks around thr falls and the Ulswater trail around the lake.
Toilets and cafe on site and an information area
Ulswater steamer over the road but not cheap

Reviewed 11 July 2018

As national Trust members, we were able to get free parking in the car park, which was great, however, if we had to pay, it would have been well worth it.

Aira force was a lovely walk and a real treat. We were lucky to have great weather the day that we went. When we followed the initial walk to the falls, I think we may have done it the opposite way from many others as most people we met were travelling in the opposite direction. I have to admit that this suited me fine, as I felt that our climb was less steep than it would have been the opposite way (and it was hot). Maybe something to ask the National Trust staff at the hut on the way in if you have difficulty with steep climbing, as some areas may be challenging for some people if having to climb up rather than go down.

Waterfalls and surroundings were stunning, and everyone we met seemed to be in awe of the place, in the same way that we were. I'd say allow a good hour and a half to two hours to enjoy it fully, and be able to stop and just absorb it on the way.

Not to be missed in my humble opinion.

1  Thank lalabelfast1976
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Gentle walk uphill through leafy woodlands. Saw a Yew tree that must be very ancient. Lovely waterfalls, tho low at the moment due to the current sunny, but dry conditions. Well worth a visit.