“Mmmmm gluten free chocolate brownie”
Review of No 15 Cafe - CLOSED

No 15 Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Gluten free chocolate brownie to die for. Lovely home cooked cakes, scones and a great friendly staff. The food looked good but we only had cake!

Reviewed 11 December 2014

I met up with a friend for lunch. The staff were very friendly even when I asked to change the soup I ordered as it was a bit spicy for me. I then had a very good vegetable soup which came with bread and cheese. Nice atmosphere and a good find. I will remember it again when I am next in Penrith

Reviewed 21 November 2014 via mobile

Really good spot to just have a coffee or a full on lunch. The menu is pretty interesting and everything I've had is tasty.

You get a plentiful portion for the cold Cumbrian days and they make a good job of simple but tasty. The coffee is spot on and there's always a good selection of cakes.

The atmosphere makes the place and its kid friendly without it being too much to cope with for everyone else.

Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

One of the few dog friendly cafés in Penrith. Lovely chilled out atmosphere. Not too crowded and staff are friendly. Will have to come back and try one of their cakes (they look scrummy! ?

Reviewed 28 October 2014

My friend and I are a nightmare to a restaurant when we visit together -- as a vegetarian and a gluten free diner. However at no 15 this is no problem-- I had a wonderful pancake with Mediterranean veg inside-- it was delicious and loved the presentation. My friend also had no problem with plenty of options on the menu and on the specials board. The flan of the day was in both meat and meat free options. Staff were helpful and we were served promptly and advise re food elements given with confidence. My only criticism I have is the environment -- it can often be a little cool in the top part -- although this was not a problem on this visit. I also find it very noisy due to the high ceilings and wooden floors -- I am aware this can't change, but it is sometimes hard to carry on a conversation with the person opposite. However this is a small criticism as I found the food was delicious and good value for money.