“Came for a lunch with friends - open and airy space but service needs some attention”
Review of No 15 Cafe - CLOSED

No 15 Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Mey my Essex friends for a weekday lunch and they had searched for the venue online. The café area was interesting with open spaces, lovely furniture and wooden floors. They even allowed our dog into the café.

We ordered sandwiches and soup. Unfortunately one of the soups had run out. We followed this up with drinks and cakes. The cakes were great but they forgot to provide milk for the tea and the soya latte was initially made with normal milk.

If extra attention was provided to detail this would be a great place to eat!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We popped in for lunch but ended up staying for cake too. The lunch was nicely presented hot soups and great tasting sandwiches including vegan options. If you only have time for cake you should defiantly go here. We parked at Sainsburys, 3 hours free parking, and enjoyed a wander round the town too. Only ten miles from our B&B New Ing Lodge at Shap.

1  Thank Susan I
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I've never been here, and I've heard the food is good, so thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, I still have no idea what the food is like after waiting 40 mins for a smoked salmon bruchetta, basically a posh sandwich. I placed my order and then relaxed on the sofa, it was only when I noticed a couple who had come in after me getting their food that I realised I'd been there for 20 mins. I spoke to the waiter who had taken my order, and it turned out he had forgotten to pass it through to the kitchen. Fair enough, he apologised and offered me a free drink so I was OK with that, thinking that at least they would put a rush on it. However, another 20 mins later and still no food, I could see in the entrance to the kitchen and I saw a guy opening a packet of avocados which were part of my dish, and I guessed that they hadn't even started it, which proved to be the case. When I spoke to them they said they had run out of avocados. Well, why didn't they tell me that when they realised the order had been missed and asked if I wanted to order something else? Poor service, and disappointing attitude, they apologised, but it was fairly perfunctory and blamed various other factors as if that made it OK. I won't be bothering to find out if the food is any good after this.

3  Thank Lucy T
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great little cafe with good food, delicious baking (the best in Penrith as far as I'm concerned), good coffee and a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Bryony C
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent food with lovely atmosphere. Caters for veggies always something different on menu. very handy for town centre