“Lovely little cottage”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Causey View

Luxury bedroom at Causey View
The Causey View (view from bedroom window of Causey Pike) External view of Causey View, Keswick
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Luxury bedroom at Causey View
The Causey View (view from bedroom window of Causey Pike)
External view of Causey View, Keswick
Lounge with fire place (with open coal fire)
Another view of bedroom
Bathroom with shower over the bath
The cottage is 10 minutes walk from beautiful  Derwentwater.
For the energetic Skiddaw is do-able from the house - or you can admire views of it instead!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mommaj201...
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Lovely little cottage”
Reviewed 25 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

... in great location for town & walks. Loved the open fire (fire-logs from Booths make it easy & no hassle). Great to have a dishwasher too.

26 Jul 2015
Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay in Causey View.
Michael D
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Ticks all the boxes.”
Reviewed 17 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The location was fantastic, we was a 30 second walk from the high street, there was a cinema at the bottom of the road, not that I used it, The river was less than a ten min walk. Lots of pubs within a 2 min walk too! T
The cottage it's self was very cosy and welcoming. It was well equipped and more importantly clean and well maintained. The bed was amazing, I struggled every morning to get out of it!

It was my first time to Keswick and I really enjoyed it, If I was too come back I would book Causey View it ticked all the boxes.

The only two things I didn't like was: The TV although I didn't really watch it, when we did it wasn't very clear and was a bit small. The second thing bugged me much more, I was told to leave before ten so the cottage could be cleaned for the next guests, Which is fair. However I got a knock on the door at around 9am. The cleaner handed me the guest clean towels and bedding in a carry-a-bag and told me she won't be back till 12. So it bugged me that she knocked on my door so early and bugged me even more that I didn't have to leave at 10.

Nevertheless fantastic cottage, fantastic place.

Recommended for:
Older travelers
18 Mar 2015
Thanks for your positive review Michael. We were really glad to hear you enjoyed staying in Causey View. Many apologies for the problem with the cleaner - this shouldn't have happened and I will follow up with her to ensure it is not repeated with other guests. We look forward to hearing from you again for another break in the Lakes soon.
Jo & Steve Laker (Cottage owners)
Zoe T
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“A CUTE COTTAGE IN A L”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The property was in a good location very close to the centre. It is reasonably well maintained and clean. The kitchen is well stocked with all you could require - although some nice glasses without pub names on them would have been good. Close to derwent lake (10 mins) and car park is nearby. However, felt the settee could have been bigger - it was a 2 seater settee which meant we both had to set rigidly in place of an evening! Tv was extremely small. Also it is not possible to sit outside since there are no table or chairs available

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
18 Aug 2014
Thank you for your review of Causey View. We are glad you liked the location and found the house clean and well equipped. We have furnished the house to try to make best use of the space and ensure it is cosy and comfortable, hence we chose a good quality leather sofa that does not obstruct the doors at either end of the room and have dressed it with cushions and a throw - we are sorry to hear you did not find this comfortable for relaxing on and will look at if this can be improved. We do not provide outside furniture at present as the yard is shared and we have limited storage in the cottage for garden furniture but we will review this for the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property itself and its location
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
9 May 2013
Thanks for your review Andrew. We were delighted to hear you both enjoyed your stay and were happy to be able to help make a special occasion even more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Causey View again soon.
Kind regards
Jo & Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 115
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing