1,753 results
All reviewschoice hotelsstation buildingjunior suitecroquet lawnbuffet breakfastputting greenfirst classevening mealhalf boardlovely hotelleisure centretown centrevenisonrestaurant staffthree coursesthird floorplenty of choice
Reviewed 28 September 2017

3 Stars,but PROUD of it!!

Unbelievable!! I was promised a specific room which I had seen online and and requested, but only after repeated efforts and emails, six months ahead of the requested time. When we arrived, I was shown to the wrong room and one which reeked of fresh paint. When I pointed out all the emails promising me the room I expected, the manager Stephanie ([--]) said that I was being unfair to expect so much from a hotel which was “only 3 stars.” Really. Her words exactly. When I remarked about the paint smell she surmised that it was a suite (which gets little use because most of her guests can’t afford it??). She offered to find me another hotel in town and I accepted the offer but she immediately recanted, saying that I should do it myself instead. We decided to stay, thinking that keeping the windows open would eliminate the smell. It did not.

The next morning at breakfast we discovered that salt and pepper were available upon request. We were not so lucky when we asked for washcloths and Kleenex in our room. Those are simply not available at this hotel!! That’s right. They don’t supply those “luxuries” in their 3 star hotel.

Ironically, the building and the grounds are very nice. Other than the manager (Stephanie), the employees were friendly. Perhaps when Stephanie is replaced things will improve. Until then book here at your peril.

Room Tip: Choose a different place
7  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a gorgeous weekend away, every single thing from our weekend at this hotel was perfect! We booked through booking.com dinner b&b deal when we arrived we were upgraded complimentary and our room was gorgeous. It was a Junior suite room 202, complete with a 4 poster bed, was very immaculately clean and the view of the hills was lovely from a bay window.
Dinner on the night was included and was 3 courses with bread to start. Plenty of choice and it was hard to decide what to order. The food was totally delicious, came very quickly and was beautifully presented. It was one of the nicest meals wev eaten! Breakfast was also delicious, plenty of choice and was very hot. Full English breakfast available buffet style, toast cereals pastries also available, we ate plenty it was all gorgeous. We also had drinks in the lounge bar downstairs (hot chocolate with marshmallows), also gorgeous!
Thank you to the hotel and staff for a beautiful weekend away. All staff and the service we received was exceptional throughout our stay, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay we will definitely be returning and recommending.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Murray2012
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Although the hotel is an old Victorian hotel it has been brought up to date and we found it to be very comfortable.Our room was well furnished and extremely clean,The lounges were cosy and well furnished and the dining room was superb.Staff were really friendly and super efficient.Wonderful buffet breakfast .Superb evening dinner with an extensive choice of food always beautifuuly cooked and presented.I consider the hotel rating should be more than a 3Star.Will be recommending hotel to all my friends.

2  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 22 September 2017

been here several times due to its location and staff... recent refurb has improved it even more...we were late booking this time and hotel pretty full so had to pay £50 extra in station building..well worth the extra as well sited and great views from sir Joshua Reynolds suite.. food bit rich for me but evening meals well impressive and dining room nicely decorated.... all staff and management are the best you will get anywhere in the world and we have been to many top places abroad . service is excellent and always with a smile

Room Tip: window seat for dinner as rabbits will keep you amused between courses
2  Thank grahamjbates
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife have only spent just a few hrs hear and can tell 1st impressions count from the outside to the front desk and the rooms everything is spot on its beautiful the staff helpful smiling professional knowledgeable inside and out some part old but just adds to just how nice this place is new areas beautiful areas we have not been in like Restraunt some outside areas can't comment only because I don't think it would differ from what already think and feel about this Hotel have give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ can't fault it thank you

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple