1,244 results
All reviewsthe riverswimming lessonsleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomswimming poolkendal castlecar parklovely hoteltown centreself servicefamily roomgood sizeironing boardevening mealbuffet breakfastshort breakreception staff
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Riverside hotel with my husband, 12 year old son and two small dogs for a couple of nights for my birthday. On arrival we were greeted by friendly reception staff which I have to say continued throughout our stay, all the staff were lovely and made our stay even better. Our room was very nice overlooking the river, my only critiscm would be the room was very hot and resulted in us not sleeping so great.
The pool was great and provided everything we needed, our son loved this. I have to also add in the ladies changing area they provided a hairdryer and straighteners which saved me the hassle of getting organised in my room.
Food in the restaurant and bar was top quality and you can take your dogs into the bar area if you choose but not the restaurant.
The hotel is also very dog friendly and we never felt on edge during our stay which has been the case within other 'dog friendly' hotels we have stayed in.
We will definitely return to the Riverside hotel, a lovely family break had by all. Thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

What a delightful review to read! We're so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and that our dog friendliness was exactly that! We love dogs here, they are members of the family after all. Happy to receive that 5 star rating too and we hope we'll see you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wonderful room overlooking the river and bridge. Excellent breakfast. Dinner at restaurant was quite good as was the service. The only negative during my stay was the reception's unwillingness to let me keep the room an extra 90 minutes after checkout time before departing town on the train without charging me what I considered to be an exorbitant surcharge. Otherwise, wonderful place and wonderful staff.

Stayed: October 2017

Thank you for your review and stay, especially your comments about the food and service in the hotel. We are sorry that our late check-out policy was not to your liking and perhaps it's time we take another look at it and see if we can update it to be more flexible; thanks for that feedback. Hope to see you another time. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

A good welcome from reception staff. We had a beautiful twin room which was very well appointed and clean. We used the pool and facilities and enjoyed our dip. We ate out because the bar meals were quite limited in choice but the bar itself was very pleasant. The breakfast was mediocre and the staff not over attentive. overall we had a good stay though.

Stayed: March 2018

Many thanks for stopping over for a night and taking the time to post your review. We're so pleased you had a good stay, and appreciate the feedback on the breakfast too. Happy to read you enjoyed the accommodation and pool too! Hope to see you again, thank you.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Stayed for 2 nights and it was great. Room was superb with great facilities. Everything worked ,room was warm, lots of tea and coffee supplies in room. Lovely breakfast included. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Facing the river is best
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Lovely to read your review and thanks so much for that 5 star rating! We're so pleased you enjoyed the accommodation on offer and your comments about our staff have gone down very well with everyone. We hope to welcome you back again; until then, take care!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I checked in to my non-smoking room to find it stank of smoke...not a great start.
Dinner in the hotel was inedible; the beef and ale pie was certainly old, the meat had a strange dusty texture and the pastry was anemic. The chips were fried in oil that was old and at too low a temperature to achieve a crisp outer. I had to leave and go out to find something worth eating.
Breakfast was equally disappointing, the coffee tasted like the same pot was just topped up rather than made fresh each morning. Cereal is the safe option.
A disappointing stay at what could be a nice hotel in a good location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ferg440

We're obviously disappointed to read this review; especially as we pride ourselves on the quality of our food offering. We are terribly sorry for not living up to our own standards (or the guest's) and will certainly work hard to improve on the back of this feedback. If ever we could receive another chance we would ensure everything was back to normal! Thank you.