“It’s in the grain!”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Brewery Hospitality: There’s a great choice of eating and drinking at the Brewery – something for every taste. The Brewery has somewhere to eat all day, every day of the week. In the Day: The Warehouse: a relaxed lounge, serving a range of drinks from Farrer’s specialty teas to bottles of local Hawkshead ale. It also serves the best latte in town. Eat locally made cakes, homemade scones and soups. In the Evening: The Vats Bar & Grainstore: Our extraordinary bar and restaurant serve a range of superb beers, wines and spirits and serve the famous Brewery Pizzas and our fabulous ‘Brewery Tapas’. The Vats and Grainstore are bustling, off-beat, friendly venues and should be part of any night out in the ‘Auld Grey Town’.
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Nice, tender chicken thighs were served with a creamy, garlic mayo dip. Two types of humus came with ample, piping hot pita bread. The milder was delicious, the spicy one tasted a little odd. Ice cream was excellent. Service a little slow, otherwise a good meal.

The menu here is an eclectic mix of artisan burgers, pizza and light bites, so there should be something to suit most tastes.

Reasonable value for money.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Firstly the decor of the room is akin to an abandoned primary school. Bright reds and turquoise ? The veggie burger is one of the worst I have ever eaten (and I've eaten a lot) it was bland and basically raw in the middle. Thank goodness I left most of it as my stomach was bubbling for the next night & day from the little I did eat. The `chips' that came with it were also undercooked and weren't even wedges more like a quartered potato. If you are coming here then I heard the pizza's are ok but I would avoid anything else. I'm sad to leave this review because I like to support local places and if it hadn't made me ill then I would not have said anything.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

My elderly mother and I dined here before a show in the Brewery, food was lovely, very nice atmosphere and the staff were extra friendly but professional - especially Jodie our waitress who went out of her way to help, especially as my mother is quite fussy! Nothing was too much trouble for her.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Too full of "arty-type luvvies", ( OK if you are into that stuff) but thus not really catering for normal people wanting a decent meal at a reasonable price. Expensive (you don't get a refund on your taxes paid to arts council grants towards your meal cost). Food is pretty good, but not Cordon Bleu for the price.
I won't go back. Far better value meals/dinners in town. ( Try Weatherspoon's - who I stress I have NO connection to, except they have really good cheap food)

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Made another visit to Grainstore at The Brewery, this time as a group of 5 ladies, all with different tastes in food. The menu is varied, so there was something for everyone. The menu, quality and presentation of the food is superb. Everyone was very impressed, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.