“Lovely pre-theatre meal”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Brewery Hospitality: There’s a great choice of eating and drinking at the Brewery – something for every taste. The Brewery has somewhere to eat all day, every day of the week. In the Day: The Warehouse: a relaxed lounge, serving a range of drinks from Farrer’s specialty teas to bottles of local Hawkshead ale. It also serves the best latte in town. Eat locally made cakes, homemade scones and soups. In the Evening: The Vats Bar & Grainstore: Our extraordinary bar and restaurant serve a range of superb beers, wines and spirits and serve the famous Brewery Pizzas and our fabulous ‘Brewery Tapas’. The Vats and Grainstore are bustling, off-beat, friendly venues and should be part of any night out in the ‘Auld Grey Town’.
Reviewed 24 June 2017

My elderly mother and I dined here before a show in the Brewery, food was lovely, very nice atmosphere and the staff were extra friendly but professional - especially Jodie our waitress who went out of her way to help, especially as my mother is quite fussy! Nothing was too much trouble for her.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Too full of "arty-type luvvies", ( OK if you are into that stuff) but thus not really catering for normal people wanting a decent meal at a reasonable price. Expensive (you don't get a refund on your taxes paid to arts council grants towards your meal cost). Food is pretty good, but not Cordon Bleu for the price.
I won't go back. Far better value meals/dinners in town. ( Try Weatherspoon's - who I stress I have NO connection to, except they have really good cheap food)

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Made another visit to Grainstore at The Brewery, this time as a group of 5 ladies, all with different tastes in food. The menu is varied, so there was something for everyone. The menu, quality and presentation of the food is superb. Everyone was very impressed, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered the beef and onion pie. What I got was a casserole with mashed potatoes and vegetables. It was tasty and mostly okay but there was no pastry lid and no explanation as to why. This place is fine for a pizza but don't expect good food.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We visited here as a group of twelve friends on a weekend trip to Kendal. No expectations as I hadn't chosen the venue and did not know where we had booked. Great choice though!
Very varied menu - there was something for everyone. We had all travelled from different locations so some had eaten earlier in the evening and only wanted a light bite and some hadn't eaten for hours so needed a full meal. The menu catered for us all. Fish and meat platters were brilliant.
Service was great. Very friendly and professional. The restaurant was extremely busy but this did not appear to be an issue as the staff coped really well.
Great place for families, couples or groups. Highly recommended!