“Pleasant Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Modern Fully Equipped Kitchen Compact Double Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Modern Fully Equipped Kitchen
Compact Double Bedroom
En suite Shower Room
Comfortable Lounge showing Feature Fireplace.
River view from Lounge window towards Gooseholme Park and KendalCastle
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
EHB186
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Didn't live up to the promise”
Reviewed 13 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

The location is good, very close to the centre of the town. Kendal is a lovely township and a great place from which to explore The Lakes, Yorkshire Dales, and Hadrian's Wall.

The apartment is compact and comfortable enough; the bedroom is very small, like those in a Japanese hotel. The photo gives an inaccurate picture; there is a view of the river and green space beyond from this window, but the property is actually located in a semi-industrial area. Car parking is difficult and cramped and is among several abandoned or stored vehicles.

The owner is pleasant enough, but failed to deliver on two points. The first is that despite text messages sent and acknowledged by her concerning our arrival time late in the afternoon, she was still there cleaning when we arrived a few minutes after the agreed time. The second was a smell emanating from the toilet cubicle. Apparently it was something dead under the floor or in the walls. It got increasingly bad during our stay, to the point that I lost my breakfast one morning when I went in there. I appreciate that the smell might have been beyond her control, but she made no offer to help find alternative accommodation, or to compensate us. When I told her I wouldn't be able to give our stay a good review, she inferred by text that giving a bad review would somehow reflect on MY integrity.

When I read the other reviews, I find it hard to believe it's the same place we stayed in. During our trip in England we stayed in some properties In Devon and Cornwall that were far superior to this and cost less. If I was vising Kendal, I'd find somewhere else to stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Jun 2018
Earl, your review paints a very distorted account of your stay.
Immediately on your arrival you complained about having booked 6 individual days instead of a full week, which would have cost less money. I offered you an extra day free of charge because I could not personally refund the difference, as your transaction was through Trip Advisor, New Zealand. It was clear you weren’t happy you felt you had overpaid and unfortunately this reflected on everything else throughout your stay.

The photo of the apartment overlooking the river is not inaccurate and I assume your gross misdescription of ‘located in a semi-industrial area’ is your perception of the main road outside the rear entrance to the building. The locals of kendal would be grossly offended with your insult.

You complain I was still cleaning on your arrival, but you omit to mention that I gave you £20 to buy some lunch to save you waiting 15 Minutes for me to finish. Your wife suggested you buy some beers instead.

I responded immediately to your complaint about a smell. A drainage inspection was undertaken whilst you were out for the day. which confirmed the smell was NOT being caused by anything within the apartment , but coming from the river. You did admit that you could also smell it outside! You never raised any suggestion of alternative accommodation. I m sorry you ‘lost your breakfast one morning’ but I don’t think this was any fault of the apartment!

Despite my best efforts to make you happy, your final text told me you would not give me a good review, quoting ‘value for money'. It was very obvious what you were hinting. I responded 'i’ll leave that to your integrity’ Sadly this scathing review is the result.
Stephen N
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Really comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Carol (owner) was very welcoming and ensured we knew how everything worked.
Very nice touch was Tea/Coffee/milk/biscuits in the kitchen so after long drive you can sit down with a drink before going out for shopping.
2 minute walk to Town and Station.

gerrycobb...
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Kendal Riverside Apartment”
Reviewed 5 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Small but very comfortable and well equipped. Parking would be a problem for anyone with a large car

Joslyn66
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Comfy stay in great location”
Reviewed 25 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The apartment was exactly as described - very well equipped kitchen, good size sitting room, comfy bed, small bathroom - but how much space do you need - separate toilet. Carol was on hand to meet us and gave us a good introduction to the apartment which is good - and had left chocolates and biscuits which are always appreciated! The location is great - right on the riverside and 5 minutes’ walk into town / to the local bus station. There is a parking space in front of the apartment - but it isn’t huge. However you are in the centre of the town so to be expected. I would definitely return here again. Many thanks

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
martin w
“Great location and lovely apartment”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Nice welcome by the owner, all the little touches were greatly appreciated, even milk in the fridge so we could have a cuppa!
Great not to have to use the car as all the transport links were brilliant.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing