“Absolutely Fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawkshead
Howe Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 23 Hawkshead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I booked a night last week for myself and my wife. It was so nice we stayed a second night! The rooms are spotlessly clean and so comfortable. Lisa is a fantastic host and made the best English breakfast I've ever had. I can't recommend this place enough!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CJSchubbe

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We spent one night at Howe Farm B&B and highly recommend it. The owners were welcoming, warm and very helpful with useful information on the Lake District. Our room was very nicely decorated and we had our own bathroom also nicely decorated. There was a fire in the sitting-room so it was nice to sit there and relax. Breakfast was very good. This was our first time in the Lake District, and it was so pleasant to come to a warm and welcoming B&B at the end of the day. It helped make our trip very special.

Tim and Daniela (from Brighton)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MuddyT
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Howe farm is such a treasure! I found it on the Internet and from emailing to organise the stay to leaving, it has been a great experience! Stunning views, lovely walks (round the lakes and to Beatrix Potters house!), scrummy food and such a warm, homely environment- there's nothing I could fault or would change.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Sldisspain
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed for one night in this beautiful B&B which has bags and bags of character (lots of crooked doors, low windows and deep sills!) and will most definately be back, one night just wasn't long enough.

I stayed in the double room (which actually sleeps three and still has plenty of room to spare), the seperate bathroom was equally spacious and was just a quick flit accross the corridor. The rooms were spotlessly clean and fresh looking and the views from them were breathtaking. Just a short distance from all the amenities and attractions of Hawkshead and yet feeling in the middle of nowhere it was so peaceful (apart from the farm noises which just add to the attraction!).

Dinner was wonderful, delicious homemade curry followed by an equally delicious pudding. Breakfast lived up to dinner, perfect full English, continental or cereals on offer.

The atmosphere was friendly, Mike and Lisa and their boys were fantastic company and were really accomodating, nothing seemed to be any trouble, it really did feel like home from home.

I cannot find fault with anything on my stay and certainly plan a return trip for much longer...the only complaint I have is that I was not there for long enough!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally-Ann W
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We arrived at the farm house with little or no expectations, but we're pleasantly surprised as to what a wonderfully restored farmhouse, dating back to 1692, awaited us. We were fortunate enough to be the only guest during a busy bank holiday weekend, which added to the exclusivity of this farm-like experience. It seems like Lisa, the host, keeps a non-commercial, but homely touch to the way she runs the bed & breakfast. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JensLondon10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawkshead
Windermere Hydro Hotel
#1 of 23 in Hawkshead
High Wray Farm
High Wray Farm
#36 of 103 in Ambleside

Been to Howe Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!