Heidi's Grasmere Lodge
Oak Bank Hotel(Grasmere)
USD 207*
Hotels.com
USD 167*
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa(Grasmere)
USD 274*
USD 155*
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Forest Side(Grasmere)
All reviewsspiral staircaseb broof terracelow beamsbreakfast roomwarmest of welcomescoffee machinebreakfast is servedhome from homepacked luncha lovely place to staylittle touchesfeel very welcomeperfect staylong walkgreat weekendfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I booked to stay here for a birthday break with me and my a husband. We originally booked from Friday to Sunday but then decided to extend from the Thursday to Sunday. Upon speaking to Heidi to ask if we could extend this, it was clear from the offset she was very helpful. Upon arriving we were certainly not disappointed. We have travelled half way around the world and I have to say this is one of the best b&b's we have stayed in. The staff are genuinely helful and friendly. I didn't not mention it was my birthday but on returning from our day out, the cleaner saw my card from my husband and left me a birthday card from the staff on my pillow. Such a warmfelt gesture. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them and heidi was fantastic. We will certainly be returning here. Our only regret......not booking for longer! Thank you to all. Ps food was fantastic and breakfast lasted us all day.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 March 2012

It's the little touches that make a B&B special. Even before we arrived Heidi was very helpful and arranged a table at a local bar for a Saturday evening meal. The room was very clean and the bath huge; breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly. Wine and water were provided on arrival and Heidi and her team signed a card for my wife and I for our anniversary. To top it all, Heidi even arranged for two days of sunshine and no rain...what else could you ask for in the Lakes?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLC_2008_11
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Visited Heidi's today, and what a find! Didn't stay in the accommodation, but did visit one of the cutest and customer friendly venues in the Lake's. The service by staff and attention to detail was exemplary and without question the benchmark for other similar business to aspire to!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chutn3y
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Booked for 1 night but stayed for 2 last November and despite the weather being dreadful we had a great time, we stayed in room 5, small yes but beautiful and romantic. Heidi herself was always there and helpful, breakfast fantastic and we didnt need any lunch! Only 1 comment which i did mention on our departure, the fact that no one is around after early evening, it would be an idea to give all guests some contact details to carry around with them, just in case you lose your keys.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holidaymaker9
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed for one night only but really could I have stayed much longer. The room was beautiful very clean, staff lovely, breakfast nice. The lodge is ideally situated opposite nice hotel with pub which does lovely bar meals. It is also very central in this small village. Fully recommended for a romantic weekend

Room Tip: All rooms are different look at lodges web site to help you chose
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple