“It's sausage rolls !!”

Lucia's
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Grasmere
Price range: USD 3 - USD 8
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A tiny takeaway coffee shop on the village green in Grasmere selling speciality coffee, our famous homemade Cumberland sausage rolls along with many other pastries and cakes!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

How is this placed above any of the beautiful restaurants in grasmere ? It's open in the day !! This is confusing for tourists.the sausage rolls are ok - nothing to write home about, nothing special sorry

1  Thank Amanjdj

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We visited here on Saturday after walking to Grasmere from Rydal. All we wanted was a decent hot drink and a snack without paying exorbitant Lakes' prices. As Lucia's is on the green in Grasmere we decided to try it out.

We didn't have any cash, but I asked them to put a roll to one side until I returned with cash (cash machine in the Co-op round the corner).

I'm very glad we tried out this place as the hot chocolate was thick, tasty and hot!! My egg roll and my partner's pesto pastry were also on the same par for excellence.

As I'd left my partner in charge of buying, he came out with a 'tiffin', not usually something I'd choose, but it was stacked full of dark chocolate and was yummy!

We returned the next day with my son after a 30k cycle and he chose the sausage roll which was so tasty, I went back and bought one for myself (and partner).

I would definitely recommend this little gem of a place :-) Very helpful, friendly staff too!

4  Thank stbeeskay
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Staying in the holiday cottage next to Lucia's.so so lucky,the gorgeous smells & yummy pastry & cake choices. A daily visit to choose our lunch & a cake for our return from a long cold wintery walk.service excellent,young lad serving,polite& nicely spoken. Don't miss visiting it,go early though. Recommend everything!!

6  Thank grebacottage
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

A tiny little space with a gorgeous selection of interesting pastries such as sausage roll with chilli jam & what I choose was a vegi beetroot, goats cheese & walnut roll which was as delicious as creative. Perfect little takeaway for ramblers.

5  Thank Connie F
Reviewed 27 February 2018

great little hole in the wall take away coffee shop....serving yummy sausage rolls too! Perfect stop off when walking round lake grasmere !

3  Thank skinnycotswolds