Overall this is a pleasant hotel in a beautiful village. First the good things - friendly staff at reception/restaurant, excellent breakfast, nice swimming pool.
Things which need improvement to make me want to go back or recommend - Room was adequate if small but mattress was old and uncomfortable and room was so hot I couldn't sleep even with window open all night in the winter which is not what I want for a relaxing break.
As previously reviewed, the spa is not really a spa just a nice swiming pool and has a bizarre arrangement with the sauna outside in the corridor so rendering it unuseable if you are in the swimming pool , no steam room and the "jacuzzi" is apparently not supposed to have bubbles! The changing room is tiny and cold, only really room for one person at a time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District