“The Sun Coniston”
Review of The Sun Coniston

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coniston
The Sun Coniston
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Coniston
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We booked four nights at The Sun as a pre christmas break. I have to say the welcome we received was second to none and the food was superb. The building itself though has deteriorated since I was last there 12 years ago. I'm not saying its bad at all, just a little shabby, and for the price we paid,I was happy. The heating was a little ropy and the room was adequate but a little tired. This didn't detract from the experience though, and the beer and food in the adjoining made up for any shortcomings in the room.

Stayed: December 2017

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Sun on the 17th September. I travelled by motorcycle, unfortunately the car park is a bit out of sight from the hotel. When I asked if I could park my bike next to the conservatory, the answer was a very pleasant "no problem".
I was in a lovely room at the top of the building, only one small window to the front but, a really large window at the foot of the bed, looking out over the fells.
A great selection of beers at the bar, and an excellent breakfast, as much coffee and juice as you want.
In all a highly recommend place to stay. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at the sun hotel visiting from australia ...our room had a million dollar veiw ..staff was so friendly and so helpful ..meals was an excellent price and tasted as good as it looked ..good walking trails on your door step .pet friendly. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy V
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great location. Friendly staff. Good food. Excellent hand pulled beer selection and cosy pub atmosphere. Room 2 with big bay window overlooking garden and village has seats to it and gaze from. Dog friendly too. Great stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Dropped in several times for drinks and food in late august. Good food and real ales. Service with a smile. Stuffed chicken with haggis, fish and chips, risotto, Loweswater and good selection of other beers. Great after a days walking.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coniston
0.2 km away
0.3 km away
Crown Inn Coniston
Crown Inn Coniston
#4 of 15 in Coniston

Been to The Sun Coniston? Share your experiences!