5 of us ventured up from Bath for a week in Ambleside - we could not have been happier with Ambleside backpackers hostel
I've made a list of my favourite things:
1) Free Tea, Coffee and Breakfast - A lovely bonus, how lovely it was to whip up a big pot of tea and sit around the fire in the lounge after a long walk :D which brings me to number 2..
2) The Lounge: Cosy and clean, but also massive and enough sofas for everyone to spread out and sit, read, watch telly and nap (that was me!) after a long day without being on top of each other. The fire was cosy and there was a nice little library going on.
3) Showers: on the womens side the two 'curtained' showers were hotter than the white plastic doored ones - but they were clean and hot. Bliss after a trip to the top of Loughrigg Fell in a hailstorm....
4) Kitchen: fab, huge and full of every piece of a equipment you could need: we cooked up a variety of things every night and enjoyed cooking in such a big kitchen.
5) Beds: comfortable and cosy bedding. Nice and clean. We were in a 6 person dorm with sheleving, a sink and a view to die for :)
Can't recommend the place highly enough. Just Lovely!
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking