All reviews secure parking room was clean minute walk very pleasant stay tea and coffee great value for money stadium
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The only good thing about this hotel was the bed was compfortable.
Otherwise there was a stain on the sheet, the smell of smoke was constant. There was mould in the shower and furry mould on the bathroom ceiling. The bathroom floor tiles were mainly broken and the carpet was dirty.
We paid to stay 2 nights, but decided not to bother for the second night.

Room Tip: The front rooms were nicer than the twin back room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lynnejay
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I stayed at Vale Hotel for three nights in August and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

From the outside, the hotel looks tired and uninviting, not helped by its location (although it is within walking distance of the city centre). After landing in the UK from Korea late Monday night, I travelled from London to Hull and arrived at 10:30pm the next day. The owner 'greeted' me by looking at me, looking at a clock and then saying "we close at 10" (all this whilst he was in a dressing gown). I found it almost incredulous, and felt unwelcome from the outset. Thankfully, after begrudgingly handing over the key to my room, that was the first and last time I saw the owner throughout the duration of my stay.

The room was revolting. It was dirty and grimy - there was even a large spider making itself at home. The bed was small and uncomfortable, and I felt every spring whilst I slept. The windows weren't double glazed so I could hear the noise from Anlaby Road. The door to my room had small, round holes in it (that looked rather like bullet holes) with paper wedged in them. I had no en-suite which meant I had to use a shared bathroom. This was even even worse than my room. It wasn't cleaned at any point whilst I stayed and I only used the shower out of shear necessity. No one replaced the towels or tea / coffee making facilities in my room which just added to the shockingly poor customer service.

The hotel's decor is tired and distasteful. There is clutter everywhere, and like my room and shared bathroom, the entire place is dirty. 1 star and 'terrible' is generous and I'd have given it 0.5 if possible (for the semi-reliable WiFi). It is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at and I'd advise anyone tempted by its cheap rate to spend a little more and save yourself the indignity of staying at the Vale Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
9  Thank James L
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Staff are very friendly and always happy to help.
The rooms were clean and comfortable with all the condiments, anything extra you needed was provided when asked.
Breakfast was really nice and again staff couldn't do enough to make sure everyone was satisfied.
Will definitely stay again next time we are in Hull.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank marie l
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Dear John and Sandra thank you very much for your hospitality for the last 2 nights we have enjoyed every moment of our stay. The room was lovely clean and nicely decorated even went above and beyond with a special request for me and my partner which was muchly appreciated. Breakfast was a bargain for 5 pounds and was lovely too. We enjoyed staying with you also can't forget your lovely dog who just wanted to play. We are now looking to book in again around November. Thank you for everything and look forward to seeing you again

Adam and nicolle

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam D
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Came here for a night out with friends. Was great for what it was. Did not use the shower facilities so cannot comment on this, but place seemed clean and tidy enough. Very kind and helpful owners who were knowledgable about the area, and the best places to go for our night out. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends