Gilson Hotel
The Royal Hotel Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)
USD 68*
USD 49*
  • Restaurant
Village Hotel Club Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
USD 76*
Ibis Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
USD 52*
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Hull Marina(Kingston-upon-Hull)
USD 106*
USD 80*
USD 77*
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hull North Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
USD 74*
PremierInn.com
USD 74*
PremierInn.com
Admiral of the Humber Wetherspoon(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
USD 55*
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hull Central(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
USD 60*
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslimited parkingcity centredecent sizebreakfast staffgreat value for moneybar arearailway station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The staff were really friendly and helpful here. I've seen some bad reviews but this was fine for us. We had a family room that was spacious and scrupulously clean. The bathroom was stone-floored and very large. I'd recommend bringing your own shampoo etc as they just have soap in a dispenser. I felt a bit sorry for the hotel as the only downside was that a restaurant nearby kept its fan on all night so we had to have the windows shut in summer. The boys enjoyed playing pool by the big window at the front. The parking was free.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Appreciate this is a budget hotel but walls are paper thin, doors crash at all times of night, beds are uncomfortable and badly furnished and no-one to be seen on a so called 24 hour reception. Avoid.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Marc I
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We booked 4 nights at the hotel and could only stay for three, we got our room at a discount which is always nice, but even on a discount with not very high expectations we were left very disappointed.

We stayed in room 216 which in first appearances was acceptable for what we paid, but upon closer inspection I've stayed in youth hostels that are nicer.

Cold water is warm at best, bed was very uncomfortable, shower was basic to be generous but the final straw was seeing insects in our bathroom that I can only imagine have come as a result of rotten wood under the bath which will constantly be getting soaked from the shower.

Bad fittings around the sink and bath, dirty and sticky bin that has not been cleaned in what must be weeks (hidden by plastic bag that's placed in it)

Tv was functional to a point, but forget about watching half the channels as signal is all over the place - that's after we had to do manual channel search as when we first moved in the tv didn't pick up any channels.

The lifts stank of chip shop and were claustrophobic so we had to just use stairs.

Our room was amazingly warm at nights and although we were provided with a portable room fan, the noise from the fan was almost as loud as the sirens and traffic from outside.

The only good things I can see was the staff were very friendly and courteous, the lobby and bar area looked quite nice and the location is very central.

If thinking of staying in this area I would for sure look to stay in the ibis hotel across the road and only come back here as a last resort.

When you pay for 4 nights but only stay 3, that should give pretty good idea of what we thought of the place.

Good staff with a lot of potential for the hotel, but very badly needs a bit of rejuvenation and modernisation - this all being said we are judging the hotel on room 216 which is perhaps unfair but really not loving our stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darragh W
Reviewed 6 August 2017

The location is about the only thing going for this hotel. I stayed in room 128. It's an okay size for a single room and it was clean, but it is very noisy. I complained about the noise as a friend and I were there for 3 nights. No-one offered to move me and said the noise came from an extractor fan from a takeaway. It sounded like a jet engine when in full blast. The hotel is generally hot. There is no air conditioning but they do offer a fan! The bar is dominated by the big screen and the noise level is generally unacceptable if you want a quiet sit down. It seems the hotel prefers to cater for locals who 'pop in' to watch rugby and football. I got the feeling the whole place is set up for men. I suspect the management are men too as there are no female touches anywhere...no flowers and the bright red and black colour scheme in the bar/lounge area is ghastly and very uninviting. In my view the hotel needs to decide who it is catering for, the paying sleepover guest or a few locals who frequent the bar. The clientele are not always rule abiders. I was woken at 5.30 in the morning by screaming voices and expletives I am not keen to hear at any time let alone at 5.30 in the morning. The police had to be called. Breakfast...where do I begin? There is almost no choice for a vegetarian. My friend is actually allergic to meat so she had only one option for cooked food and that was scrambled or fried egg. The healthier option was laced with some black streaks and as it had been sitting for some time it smelled as awful as it looked. The croissants were fresh and the best thing about the breakfast. Even the coffee came from a machine. We didn't eat in the hotel again. The staff are probably the best feature of this hotel. They were taking a lot of complaints from visitors and I felt a bit sorry for them. Interesting that there was no obvious management about at all during the 4 days we were there. If ever a hotel needed a visit from the Hotel Inspector it is this one. I paid £48 a night for jet plane noise, a hot room and not even a biscuit to go with a cup of tea. In fact my empty coffee sachets were not replaced at all on one day and there was no decaff. option. There are much better hotels than this one in Hull... I would love to have a few words with the management... they clearly don't have a clue!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank LJBlount
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Disappointed when we drove up but hotel was nice bright and newly decorated reception. Staff very friendly. Room wasnt good as it smelled badly of smoke so we moved to another. Better than last but slightly smelled. Nice and clean but bit dated. Was ok for stopover and bed was comfy but no aircon. Thank god for desk fans!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple