All reviews rooftop bar warm cookies double tree marco pierre car park huge shower lexington avenue sun terrace few teething problems birthday lunch floor to ceiling windows crabtree and evelyn toiletries hhonors member new carpet smell king room usb ports booked a junior suite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here while attending a concert at Hull City Hall on a Saturday evening, which is circa 15 minute walk. The car parking is secure at the rear at £10 per night. We were able to check in online and download via their app an electronic door key, which worked! The only downside to this is that you still require a key card to operate the room lights etc.

Reception was welcoming, organised and efficient but they neglected to offer us the welcome cookies that is one of the Doubletree trade marks. The rooms modern, bright, airy and very clean and quiet, we had room 502, not near any lifts at the end of the corridor overlooking the internal courtyard. Breakfast was as much as you can eat, very fresh and and well presented. The bar prices as you expect in any city centre hotel are OTT.

If visiting Hull and looking for a good hotel we would highly recommend the Doubletree as the saying goes... you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

received excellent service from my waiter Siobhan. She was very attentive, efficient and service with a smile which put me at ease to really enjoy my 2 course meal. She clarified and explained points of the menu where I was not clear. Thoroughly enjoyed my restaurant experience because of how attentive she was even though the restaurant was very busy. Special thanks to you Siiobhan,

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the double tree Hilton hotel for one night to visit family, the hotel was clean and just what we needed the food was great and the hospitality from staff made us feel very welcome the downside was the rooftop bar that we were not told about, we stayed on the first floor and could hear the music going on until 2am so wasn’t a great nights sleep I could hear the music word for word god only knows what it sounded like on the floors above.
Parking was also an issue as the car park is around the back of the hotel and had to walk all the way around to the front when it was raining which wasn’t great, before we got to the front there was a side entrance which isn’t in use and stood there for a minute until we found the sign to reception, being from a small village we felt very uncomfortable walking on the Main Street into the hotel I certainly wouldn’t like to walk to/from the car park at night.
Cocktails a little to be desired, I think that more training would benefit the staff in how to make them the drink I ordered wasn’t wonderful and I have had better in the past very watery and not a lot of imagination.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SamandAsh09
SebastianR3753, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear SamandAsh09

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am very disappointed to read we have fallen short of your expectations especially in our rooftop bar. I have spoken to our Bar manager and they are dealing with the poor quality of items offered in person as well as retraining the team members on that shift.
We hope this has not deterred you from using us in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on a weekend and everything was great from our arrival. Nice and friendly staff at reception. Lovely large, stylish & modern room. Great bed and pillows. The breakfast was delicious and friendly staff all around. We really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely be back

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear smcwtrip

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2018

It is a nice hotel but I found the staff unfriendly and most importanty they double charged the breakfast for our stay there. Although I sent email twice about the incident nobody respond. I will not go anymore to any double tree.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Chalkiopoulos C

I am very sorry to hear that we have fallen short of your expectation, we pride ourselves with the friendly hospitality we offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss this further so I can make this right for you.

Warmest Regards