“Value for money (NATIONAL HOLIDAYS)”

P&O North Sea Ferries - Hull to Rotterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted “Best Ferry Company” three years running*, there’s no better way to start your Dutch adventure than with P&O Ferries. We operate daily overnight sailings from Hull to Rotterdam, with cosy cabin accommodation included with each ticket. Whether you’re taking your car, your caravan, your bicycle, your pets, or all of the above, when you travel with P&O Ferries the holiday starts as soon as you step on board. Enjoy comfortable cabin accommodation, a choice of international cuisine from our restaurants, and huge savings on high street brands in our onboard shop. Little ones will love our kid-friendly menus and letting off steam in one of the play areas, while the whole family can kick back and relax with a choice of cinemas, live entertainment and speedy wifi access. However you like to start your journey, you’ll be doing it in style when you travel with P&O Ferries. *Globe Travel Awards 2016, 2017 & 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We did the mini cruise with National Holidays, the cabins were good we paid for an outside one (only one plug point that was european). The ship itself is very well equipped, entertainment, bars and food was good, I would recommend paying in advance for food it works out cheaper, the Buffett was £21 for the evening dinner, lovely food and you can go back as many times as you want it also includes soft drinks and tea and coffee bar prices were same as pubs 2 wines & 2 pints of lager £20. I would say if going with National Holidays be prepared for lots of travelling (obviously) but also lots of waiting about for passport control to get on ship, and people who can't tell the time or just don't care if they keep people waiting. You get about 5 hours in Amsterdam. All in all we enjoyed this mini break and would go again and recommended.

2  Thank Andrea M
PANDO_Ferries, Customer Communications Officer at P&O North Sea Ferries - Hull to Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Good Morning

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your mini break and would recommend us to others.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Wishing you all the best.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"bar prices"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I took the Hull to Zeebrugge overnight ferry and it was splendid! The bars were full and everyone was having a great time. The entertainment was just as expected and easy going. The standard room was sufficient after a night in the bar and the full English Breakfast was nice enough in the morning.
All in all a great service.

Good Morning

Many thanks for your lovely feedback! There's nothing better than a fun and relaxing holiday.

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board our ships for your next adventure!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We left on Friday afternoon to check in and set sail that evening bu the morning we’d woken up about to dock in Rotterdam. The coach to Amsterdam is included in the price and got us there a little later than usual about 1130. Last coach back was at 5 so just under 6 hours to explore. We arrived back in hull in the morning and was home for 10am! A nice little day trip and would recommend.

1  Thank Learnsh

Good Morning

Thank you for your great review. We are really happy to hear that you were happy with your trip and we are looking forward to welcoming you on board again in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was the third or fourth trip we've made to Zeebrugge, but this was the first time as foot passengers. We dined in both the brasserie and the kitchen, and both are reasonable, but won't win any rosettes. Bar prices seem to have gone up quite a bit, and I can no longer recommend it to friends as about the same price as beer in my local. Entertainment cheerful and fun, cheap inside cabins perfectly adequate. However the customer service at Hull when we came back went far and away beyond anything that we expected. Thank you, and bravo!

PANDO_Ferries, Customer Communications Officer at P&O North Sea Ferries - Hull to Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello!

Many thanks for your review.

We're really pleased to see that you have enjoyed your trips with us. It's lovely to hear you were impressed by the customer service in Hull. I will be sure to pass your feedback on.

We hope to see you for a fourth or fifth trip one day.

Best Wishes,

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

So my boyfriend and I booked the £40 standard bunk bed cabin. When booking, I read on the P&O website that to guarantee you are allocated the same cabin on the way there and back (and therefore don't have to mess around moving luggage), you must email and ask for this. So I emailed, and I was allocated a cabin number. However, when we were given our cabin keys, this was not the same cabin number I had been emailed. Although I did have the same cabin for the outward and return journey, what on earth was the point in me wasting my time emailing if I was put in a completely different cabin anyway?!
Anyway, coming onto the ferry was extremely efficient. We arrived on the ship and I must say I was very surprised. The room was absolutely spotless. The showers worked brilliantly, a nice big mirror and seat too. There was only one Euro socket - so make sure you bring an adapter. Towels and shower gels are included.
The only minor thing I would say about the bathroom is next to the sink there is 'hair and body wash' rather than hand soap. Obviously this was the only option to use when washing our hands, which made my hands extremely dry (assuming because it's not actually meant to be used for washing just hands). So, I'd probably recommend just packing a small bar of soap if you are prone to dry hands!
Our nights sleep wasn't great due to some inconsiderate woman screaming at the top of her lungs whilst running down our corridor on several occasions. Make sure you bring ear plugs! If you are thinking of going on this mini cruise as either a hen/stag do, or even just a weekend away with friends getting drunk, please remember to be respectful and considerate, especially as children are on board too.
In the morning we had the breakfast buffet (The Kitchen). I had read tripadvisor reviews on this so I wasn't expecting much. We paid the £29 each deal on board for breakfast and the dinner buffet (or pay £26 online) which I actually thought was reasonable as it included drinks. Again, I was very surprised - I thought it was absolutely brilliant! Drinks included, full English options, cereal, fruit, yoghurts, pastries. Very impressed and filled us up before our day in Amsterdam.
We got to Amsterdam by coach at around 10:45, and we enjoyed a fantastic day in Amsterdam. Transfer bus arrived promptly outside the Barbizon Hotel at 5pm. We had the buffet dinner once returned onto the ferry and again I thought this was brilliant. Lots of choice, the curry and naan breads were delicious. Our nights sleep on the way back was much better, no shouting or screaming women this time (probably because everyone was so tired!)! All in all, for £40 each, I cannot recommend this trip enough. To see such a beautiful place for just £40 is an absolute bargain - everything was spotless, efficient and on time. The staff are so friendly and we're already thinking about booking again!

1  Thank lauraellen163

Hello there!

Many thanks for leaving a review. The feedback we receive is invaluable to our business.

Firstly please accept our apologies that you didn't receive the same cabin as you were given via email. On rare occasions we will change the allocated cabins for certain reasons (ie. repairs), but please don't worry, we will always endeavour to give you the same cabin on both leg of your journey.

Rest assured I have also passed on your feedback regarding the shower gel vs hand wash. It may be that we can look into changing this in the future.

Despite these minor things, we are pleased that you really enjoyed your trip and considered it great value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you on board again some day.

Best regards,