“Ms”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Cabin

Kitchen
open plan Ladder to 2nd double bed
open plan Ladder to 2nd double bed
Gym £5 fee
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Mel8609
“Ms”
Reviewed 14 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Me and my partner had a great time. The cabin is a great place to escape to. The grounds were amazing,the animals even better,friendly little dogs even a sheep. Thanks to Claire it was easy to find and easy to gain access. We popped to the local asda,cooked a meal and relaxed. We have already spoke about booking again soon and hopefully at least once a month.

Robyn U
“Amazing festive weekend”
Reviewed 10 August 2016 for a stay in December 2014

Stayed here a weekend in December and it was perfect. Claire and Ray had decorated the place so it was all festive. The Cabin itself is beautiful and very homely, perfect for my 3 friends and I to have a Christmas weekend. Great price too!

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dorothy41...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“An idyllic setting”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We loved The Cabin and the friendly dogs. The view was exquisite. Our only disappointment was that as we love walking we could not enjoy the surrounding countryside. Unfortunately we could find no foot paths or access to the promised lake or environs. We walked the lanes but fast cars and agricultural vehicles made it less than relaxing! perhaps the owner could provide some information about where to walk?

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet
Liked least: not being able to walk through the fields- very disappointing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers People with pets
RemoG1983
“The perfect, relaxing retreat.”
Reviewed 13 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

My girlfriend and I are working on Valentine's day, so as we were free the week before, I thought it would be great to surprise her (despite her being local to the area) with something a little bit different, while being romantic and secluded. Booking couldn't have been easier, as I did it via the holidaylettings.co.uk site.
And despite the short notice, my booking was paid for and confirmed with the owner within hours!
I was contacted with all the information I would need, including directions and how to get access to the property.
The owners are friendly and welcomed myself, and my girlfriend to the farm.
As an animal lover, I was so pleased to be welcomed by the friendliest little dogs I've had the pleasure of meeting.
The Lodge is a converted garage on the property, however, DO NOT let that put you off! As we entered the Lodge, my girlfriend GASPED at the cuteness of it. It is a beautiful, warm, welcoming little pad, with everything you could need available to you. Very tasteful decor and a fully working kitchen area, which we enjoyed using to make our breakfast!
The log burner was easy to use and didn't take long to get a roaring fire going, which was a very romantic touch.
The bathroom was perfect, clean and easy to use. The property is clearly loved and maintained, and as my girlfriend loves ducks, she was happily (gently) awoken to the sounds of ducks 'quacking' outside!
We only stayed for one night, and we found it was the perfect retreat for us, so much so, that we will certainly be booking it again!
Couldn't recommend the place more. It has left its mark on us, and we hope to come back again and again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Giorgia19...
Padua, Italy
“Amazing but isolated”
Reviewed 28 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

The cottage was beyond amazing and well furnished and very good taste. We used the fireplace and it was very cosy. It was a very warm place.
We paid the gym but we found it quite dirty and that put me off a bit so only my boyfriend used it for a couple of hours.
The neighbourhood was not exhisiting and since we cycled from Ashurst station (we did not have a car, came by train from London) was quite an hard path to reach the cottage. In the same day of arrival we managed to cycle for an hour to East Grinstead and found a pub to have dinner and also do some shopping for two days eating at home. I recommend the place but if you have not a car it might be better to go during summer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cabin, nice place felt welcoming
Liked least: deserted area if you have a bike only, streets very dark no lights
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Nov 2014
and glad you enjoyed your stay
Just to note
we had mentioned to you that the gym wasn't for commercial use any more,as it is closed for the winter months ,there are also lots of pubs and shops nearer then East Grinstead see itinerary,
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 103
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing