1,024 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower chateaubriand superior room nespresso machine walk in shower afternoon tea wine list prawns special occasion main course lovely hotel mini bar queen victoria overlooking the garden an upgrade fresh milk
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and thought the hotel was excellent. We had a large room on the second floor at the front (the rooms at the back have lovely views over the gardens and park) but it was not noisy. Slight problem with security lights from the next door office block going on and off and shining in the side window, but management are now aware.
We had one lunch which was good and an excellent £25 bottle of Picpoul.
Breakfasts were delicious with a good choice of cold food at the buffet table and hot food to order.
The atmosphere is very reminiscent of an old French Hotel with dark wood and antique mirrors. They have retained the original cast iron radiators, decor and lift but the bathrooms have modern fittings and the beds are glorious.
A very enjoyable stay with helpful, cheerful staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for you lovely review Christine. I do hope we can welcome you back before too long.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We went out for dinner here and overall we weren't disappointed. We decided to order the Chateaubriand steak to share between the two of us, and it turned out to be a good choice. The meat was succulent, full of flavour and perfect portion size for two people. It came with really nice french fried, the choice of two sauces, sauteed green beans with onions and condiments. For dessert, we decided to have the selection of 5 cheeses from the cheese board, which we had with 3 dessert wines. The sommelier was friendly, informative and recommended a great bottle of red - an argentinian red and his recommendation for the dessert wines were very good as well. Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Chateaubriand steak as well as their Argentinian wine - can't remember the name, but there is a painting of a train on the front.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review Roz!
I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The Hotel Du Vin, a name that was once resonant with unique style, comfort, quality and service, not at Tunbridge Wells it isn't. Wont't go into the detail, but despite the web site clearly showing availability, we had difficulty booking a table for dinner, and arrived to confusion over the room rate. We were allocated a room that was tiny, in serious need of decoration, and had a very strong bad odour...To be fair they moved us into a better room (after grudgingly admitting it was the only alternative). Popped down for tea which was served in tea pots with cracked lids and cost £13.00 for 4 tea bags. Pre dinner drinks (v expensive) served in the bar by a barman with a personality problem, (nobody else in the bar so he clearly resented the intrusion). Things over dinner didn't improve, first course took nearly an hour to arrive, service was inattentive, staff appeared to think they were invisible, best to serve yourself water. Food was average. On a lighter note breakfast was fine, but since we were the only couple in the restaurant, so it should! To cap it all on check out we were presented with a service bill for £30, which we declined. I could go on but I suspect you've gathered we weren't happy with our stay!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Coorojo

Thank you for your review Coorojo, I’m sorry you were so disappointed. We work hard to deliver and enjoyable experience and I hope you will allow us an opportunity in the future to show you what we normally do

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My husband, myself, our 16 year old daughter and 2 year old granddaughter stayed two nights in the Deluxe Suite. The room and Emperor bed was fabulous. The hide-a-bed for our daughter was an excruciatingly uncomfortable pull out couch bed with a mattress thinner than a chair cushion complete with wires poking into your back. Absolutely unbelievable. I had a nap in it just to convince myself it was as bad as our daughter said it was. Actually it was worse. Much worse. Management should be required to have a 30 minute nap on it to believe how horrific it really is.

Then we forgot the plastic cover for our granddaughters stroller. We knew exactly where it had been left in the room. We called two consecutive days and spoke to two different receptionists who couldn't have been more uninterested but finally grudgingly said they would check and call us back. Of course - no one has ever called.

Unfortunate, as the hotel is lovely and the dining room manager fabulous with a great kitchen backing him up.

Room Tip: Skip the pull out couch bed. it justifies the bad reputation they have and magnifies it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry you were disappointed - we are looking into your concerns regarding the sofa bed. Please contact receptionmanager.tunbridgewells@hotelduvin.com so we can get your lost property enquiry resolved.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have had occasion to visit Tunbridge Wells once a year or so, and we discovered the Hotel du Vin on our last visit. It is an old converted family home - manor - close to the downtown area and the Pantiles. It is simply lovely; Everything about the rooms, ambience, service and restaurant gets a five star from my wife and I. The rooms are beautiful, the linens are freshly starched, soaps and smells of a great quality, room service very subtle and prompt, and all in good value for money. We paid a top rate, having booked only a couple of days before, on the Sunday and Monday of Easter weekend.

I'm working my way through the extensive french bistro menu. Love those classic French dishes; this time Escargots and Cassoulet. Divine. The Escargots could have used more garlic butter, but it was probably good for my heart anyway.

We had the teenager with us, and she complained bitterly about the lumpiness of the sofa bed pull-out in our suite, and made us all try it. I must say she had a point, but it didn't detract from our overall 5* rating.

Breakfasts are included and were wonderful. I had the full English, my wife a cheese and mushroom omelette. On the second morning, we were very late to table, and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating, setting us up and serving us in the bar as they were prepping the Bistro for lunch. That's pretty special service; not many hotels would go to those lengths.

Brilliant. Going to try others of the eight or so in their chain, if they're all as good it will be worth it.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Timmoyashin

Thank you so much for your lovely review Timmoyashin - I look forward to welcoming you back before too long. Please do let us k ow if we can assist with any future bookings, either with us or any of our sister properties.