1,034 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower chateaubriand superior room nespresso machine walk in shower afternoon tea prawns wine list special occasion main course queen victoria lovely hotel mini bar an upgrade sunday lunch fresh milk
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a nights stay at Hotel du Vin for my partners birthday. I booked the celebration package which included champagne in the room and dinner.
From the moment we arrived we felt welcome. The hotels history is beautiful, the decor is timeless and spotless throughout. Appon arrival i was told that our room had been upgraded to a superior room. The room its self was fantastic, probably one of the biggest hotel rooms ive stayed in. We had a very comfortable king size bed, roll top bath and monsoon shower which was amazing. The hotel had a great range of REN toiletries which smelt lovely and fresh. We had dinner and breakfast during our stay which i could not fault. They perfected my steak and were attentive throughout the evening. The breakfast was brilliant with plenty of choice. The hotel is situated a short walk to the town centre and has parking onsite although it did get busy very quickly. I absolutely loved our stay at hotel du vin and will definitely be recommending it to our friends and family.
Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear 217annabellew,
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit, and hope your partner enjoyed their Birthday equally.
I do hope we can welcome you both back again before too long.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was our second visit to this hotel. We were lucky to find a parking space, there aren't many, and the parking is very tight! On arrival we had drinks in the bar. There was a good ambiance and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room sadly had seen better days. We stayed in 'Laroche' which was nice enough with double windows overlooking the small car park, a Nespresso coffee machine, fresh milk and comfortable bed. The bathroom was well styled with roll top bath, large separate shower and heated towel rail. We were disappointed with the maintenance however, paint was flaking from the radiator (see pics), the aircon vents in the ceiling were discoloured and could do with a re-paint / clean, the shower dripped / ran for several minutes after use, and the towels and robes have obviously seen plenty of use as they were not in the least soft and fluffy, more like rough and scratchy.. I was equally disappointed that the hotel charges #3.95 for a bottle of water from the mini bar when the room charge was more than #200.. an unnecessary greed in my opinion. Couldn't fault the restaurant. We ate both Dinner and Breakfast and both were wonderful. Staff were friendly and when my husband questioned his wine, the Sommelier was on hand straight away to help him select an alternative. Our one night away, including breakfast, dinner and drinks cost in the region of #400... I expected more for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback 396j_w396. Your comments on Laroche have been noted and will be addressed accordingly.
I'm very glad you enjoyed your meal with us, and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This hotel would get 5 stars if the car parking was at least adequate. Apart from that the rooms are excellent, the restaurant is superb and the staff are pleasant and professional just a Du Vin train them.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review Widlydidly, I'm sorry you found the parking inadequate. we have 29 spaces and do try to prioritise hotel residents as far as possible.
Thank you for your kind words about the team, and I'm very glad you enjoyed your meal with us.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived early afternoon and had a drink in the bar. Our room was clean but fairly small. I was delighted that a carton of milk was supplied instead of the awful sachets only to find it had gone off as the fridge wasn’t working. The early morning reception was very helpful and sent some up immediately. The bathroom has a good selection of ren products but the under floor heating made it stifling hot. The bed was very comfy and the interiors relaxing. Check out was very slow , the receptionist was busy coming in and out of the sude office - but didn’t once acknowledge I was waiting another member of staff came along after more than a 10 min wait which was uncomfortable especially as there didn’t seem to be many guests around.

1  Thank 722sarahb
James M, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback Sarah - I’m sorry there some disappointments for you, but hope you enjoyed your visit overall.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My wife and I had a lovely stay on their Sunday stay offer. All staff were welcoming and helpful, the hotel offers some lovely touches such as bathrobes, slippers, Nespresso machine and a well stocked mini bar. Dinner and breakfast were delicious and with plently of choices.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review David